SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I need an Android smart watch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need an Android smart watch Login/Join 
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted
I finally moved from Apple to an Android phone and would like to find a replacement for my apple watch.

Not sure if it makes any difference but it will be paired with a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.

I mainly used my Apple watch for notifications to incoming calls, texts and e-mails.

What do you guys recommend?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 and love it. My understanding is, however that modern Apple watches will sync with Android devices.

Edited for morning spelling...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12782 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 and love it. My understand is, however that modern Apple watches will sync with Android devices.

The Apple watch I have is older. Maybe a 2?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Great karma, i’m in.

Just went the opposite way, from Android to Apple and hating it.
Couldn’t find the S21ultra in the whole country.
I do have Samsung Watch 3 and am very happy with it. Works fine with the Iphone 12 pro too.
Wife has an iphone 12 pro as well but still uses her Samsung sport watch.She has an iwatch series 6 brand new but only wore it once for less than two hours.

The Samsung is a safe bet IMO.

Not many other choices in my neck of the woods.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12122 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can sync an apple watch with android but it is a kludge and does not have much functionality compared to an being connected to an Iphone.

If I was using an android phone the watch I would go with is Samsung.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 and I'm pleased with it.

The Galaxy Watch 4 will be available in less than 2 weeks. You can pre-order it now (I did). I'd wait for the latest and greatest...

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
One of my best friends has a Samsung watch, and a Samsung phone. He once said he really liked the watch, but I haven't seen him wearing it for a good long while.

I'll probably be doing the same thing as a result of Apple's plan to install spyware on iPhones and iPads. Right now my Apple Watch, from which I used to be inseparable, is turned off and sitting in a drawer. I've deleted all the Apple Health and Fitness stuff and shuffled those apps off to the library.

quote:
Originally posted by EZ_B:
The Galaxy Watch 4 will be available in less than 2 weeks. You can pre-order it now (I did). I'd wait for the latest and greatest...

From what I'm reading, the new Android Wear, a collaboration between Google and Samsung, is supposed to be greatly improved.

Problem is: I trust neither of those companies any further than I can throw them, so my smart watch days may be over.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Coworker has a Galaxy Watch (not sure which version/model) and he's happy with it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15343 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Happy with my Garmin Vivoactive 3. Plays nice with my Galaxy A71 5g. Probably a more recent version but I got a refurbished unit for cheap on Amazon.

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I pre-ordered the new Galaxy watch 4.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ