SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brand new iPhones from Apple for $249
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brand new iPhones from Apple for $249 Login/Join 
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted
Article Link

Apple Clearance Store Link: Apple Clearance

Apple is offering the iPhone SE with 32GB of storage for $249 and with 128GB of storage for $299 on its clearance store in the United States. These are brand new, unopened, and unlocked models with unchanged tech specs, including a 4-inch Retina display, A9 chip, Touch ID, and 12-megapixel rear camera.

Prior to being discontinued, the iPhone SE was available with 32GB and 128GB of storage for $349 and $449 respectively, so Apple is offering $100 to $150 off. The device was originally released in March 2016 and was popular among fans of smaller smartphones and those who preferred the iPhone 5-like design.

It's unclear why Apple is selling the iPhone SE again, but it would appear to be clearing out stock. Apple has recently manufactured the iPhone SE in India, but it's unclear if that production might be coming to an end soon. The iPhone SE still remains on sale at various resellers in emerging markets.

Of course, with Apple recently lowering its revenue guidance for the quarter just ended due to fewer iPhone upgrades than it anticipated, speculation will certainly mount that Apple is doing everything it can to boost iPhone sales.

While many customers have hoped for a so-called iPhone SE 2, with some rumors suggesting one was in the works, oft-accurate Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo cast doubt on the possibility of a new iPhone SE last year. And in July of last year, one research firm said Apple abandoned its plans for a new iPhone SE.

Apple is offering the iPhone SE in Silver, Space Gray, Gold, and Rose Gold, with delivery or in-store pickup available by next week.

As of now, this appears to be U.S. only.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Pretty sweet price. Does "unlocked" means it works on any network?

Looking at a 32GB at random ...

Originally released March 2016
Unlocked, SIM-Free, Model A1662

https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished/clearance

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
The add states Certified Refurbished not brand new.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
The add states Certified Refurbished not brand new.

No, but their website for both refurbished and new clearance products is confusing.

These are the refurbished: Certified Refurbished If you click the 'Browse all' link to the right of Certified Refurbished, and then click iPhones, you get the refurbished ones, which are the refurbished iPhone 7s.

If you click the 'Browse all' link to the right of Certified Refurbished, and then click 'Clearance', you get the 'SE' phones which are new and unopened "Clearance Products - Find special deals on select new and unopened products."

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took a chance on a "NEW" unlocked 32gb iPhone SE for $147 from dailysale.com. We'll see what I get. I just needed an iphone to run some software for my car. No phone service needed.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The SE is three generations old. It was released in 2016. I would not go older than an iPhone 7.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
The SE is three generations old. It was released in 2016. I would not go older than an iPhone 7.

I wouldn't really either. But some may find $249 for an iPhone for a child, parent or if they're on a tight budget, worth it.

posted Hide Post
Don't waste money on an Apple for a child or parent or if you are on a budget. Unless you gotta have an iPhone it isn't worth the money and those people won't know the difference in Apple vs Android. My work phone is an Apple but they are paying for it. My personal phone is a $90 Moto G6 with a $35 per month Cricket plan. For my uses there is no difference.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't waste money on an Apple for a child or parent or if you are on a budget. Unless you gotta have an iPhone it isn't worth the money and those people won't know the difference in Apple vs Android. My work phone is an Apple but they are paying for it. My personal phone is a $90 Moto G6 with a $35 per month Cricket plan. For my uses there is no difference.

Some may disagree of course. Their prerogative.

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sprint had to practically pry my rotary-dial cell phone from my fingers to get me to upgrade. I endured two years of garbled text messages and zero data transfer. The SE is perfect for people who do not spend much time with their phones.

Although if I had my way, it might be: Bring back the Motorola Razr3. A smaller package.

Taking pics and having them stream into my Cloud storage. Contacts and calendars synchronizing between devices. The SE handles that. If I had a bigger device my boss would want me to create and email invoices for him. At least with the SE I can feint Magoo and squint at the screen.

When my buddy said, "Hey, Apple is supposed to be coming out with something big. Like a phone or something" ... I should have been cramming stock into my IRA.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Disagree. I've a 6S I just had re-batteried. It's working fine. Except for it not working on TMO's new 600MHz allocation, which isn't even deployed widely, yet, there's no point in me upgrading.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Disagree. I've a 6S I just had re-batteried. It's working fine. Except for it not working on TMO's new 600MHz allocation, which isn't even deployed widely, yet, there's no point in me upgrading.
Yeah, 6S Plus here - $29 new battery and they damaged my front screen when re-assembling my phone, so I got a replacement screen too.

Runs great.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Apple is selling an iPhone SE 32 gb for $249? Wow, what a deal!! NOT. You can get the same phone for $99 to $129 all day, all over the internet, brand new.

I just saw the same phone brand new at Walmart for $129 last week.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Don't need an Iphone. I am too cheap to spend that much on a phone. I use a cheap android and tracphone for less than $15 a month. Does all I need then some.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
No iPhones showing up in Clearance now. Frown

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3456 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
No iPhones showing up in Clearance now. Frown

Oh well, I texted and messaged my ex-MIL. Who keeps talking about buying one but balks at the price. She is so frugal, give her a nickel and a dime, and she can squeeze them and a quarter pops out.

I do not want to get involved in a Swappa phone for her; just buying her a new Bonavita was an exercise in patience as it failed. And failed. And even the third one (under warranty) failed. Mom, what are you heating with the thing, chicken gravy?

Thanks for the Clearance tip. I never noticed it before, only the Refurbished area.