SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How often do you do #2 ???>>>>>>>

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How often do you do #2 ???>>>>>>> Login/Join 
posted
Ever since I had covid back in spring 2021 it has seemed to me that I go more often with #2 or it may be the probiotic I am also taking. So in the past 3 weeks, I decided to record the last time I did #2 and found a max of about 50 hours and as short as 14 hours. The texture seems to be like soft serve ice cream or occasionally harder but nothing I have to strain. Sorry if this sounds strange or gross. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3071 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Life is good when I am on my regular schedule of daily in the morning, after a couple cups of coffee. On rare occasion I will miss a day but when I do I am somewhat uncomfortable the entire time.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Report This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Low carb diet and only 1 time every few days. Solid. That's not including the first few weeks on low carb, which is a nightmare.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12451 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
First thing every morning and usually (75%) when I get home from work. My body is good to me.

Posts: 5426 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Not sure what your getting at here but my guess is probiotics have changed your metabolism some. Things change with age as well. I have always been a frequent flyer of the #2 starting in my early teens. Same with peeing. I have an active metabolism. It's why I can eat a Big Mac everyday and not gain a pound. Drink two beers pee four times. I always looked at it as everything is working. What goes in must come out.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
Life is good when I am on my regular schedule of daily in the morning, after a couple cups of coffee. On rare occasion I will miss a day but when I do I am somewhat uncomfortable the entire time.

Similar here, except the last part. Missing a day usually doesn't have much ill effwct.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15377 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Roughly every 12 hours.

I've had 2 colorectal surgeries (2 different surgeons in 2 different states) and my two takeaways from them were:
1. Get on the seat, do your business expeditiously, and don't loiter. It puts a lot of pressure in the area making more prone to hemorrhoids so it's not the place to read the newspaper or browse on your phone.
2. Metamucil every morning. For people with IBS-D it firms and for people with IBS-C it softens. Hitting the goldilocks consistency greatly helps with item #1, and life is much better than giving birth to an anvil every few days which makes you more prone to hemorrhoids and anal fissures.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23316 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Usually once a day in the morning after my walk, walks are really good for you bowels. Now if I go to Taco Bell it might be more than once that day. Razz

Posts: 3576 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Report This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Not often enough, I've been irregular my whole 69 years.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Not often enough, I've been irregular my whole 69 years.
Same here. With the attendant... uhm... "complications."

If I exercise regularly, and by that I mean several times throughout the day, every day, things are much improved. (Walking, golf swing training/practice will do the trick.) But that's challenging for me to do--particularly in wintertime. (I'm just not a winter person.)

So what I do to ease things and somewhat improve regularity, upon the recommendation of a gastroenterologist I once saw, is take a half cap full of MiraLAX every day.

Improves regularity some and softens the stool.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
5 or 6 prunes or dried apricots and plenty of fresh pure water every day help me achieve my goal of a massive gronk at around 6am. I usually get out of bed before that time, for best results.

Posts: 26942 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Once every morning like clockwork.

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
when I wake up. Again after a couple cups of coffee

Then it’s off to work.

Also depends on what I eat during the day. Sometimes the obligatory intestinal gurgledge determines another

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6236 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Report This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I'm a German train schedule. When I wake up & before bed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16121 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Report This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
You mean how many times a day? Yes, I suffer from IBS, though it's much better than it used to be.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16390 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Typically once per day, in the early evening.

Occasionally, also first thing in the morning.

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post