SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's time to put the old girl on the market Ford F250
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's time to put the old girl on the market Ford F250 Login/Join 
posted
Well the time has come to put my truck up for sale. Bittersweet in all honesty. It's a 2000 Ford F250 supercab that I've had since new. Power stroke with the 6 speed manual and 4x4 XLT. Love the truck and definitely got my money's worth out of it. Been putting money into it, mostly recently, but always wondering "what's going to go wrong next?" I haven't been using it as a truck lately and just a daily driver. I'm not gonna lie, I'm probably gonna cry when it goes to her new home, but the time has come. I picked up an Audi A6 last week and am enjoying the hell out of it though!!! But to my old girl, Thank you for being there when I needed you.

I just needed to vent/lean on someone's shoulder. Thanks for listening.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Oh, I thought this was a misplaced classified.
Sounds like you just need a bullet for the ol' gal instead.
Wink

When we sold our '93 Sub we raised the kids in we were super sad. The transaction in a Wal-Mart parking lot is legend and made us laugh to this day. I can write it up if needed.

Signed,

Drive mine into dirt too.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Trading a twenty year old Ford, for an A6, s definitely a good trade up. Congrats!

quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
The transaction in a Wal-Mart parking lot is legend and made us laugh to this day. I can write it up if needed.

Absolutely. Sounds like a good story to hear!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Well the time has come to put my truck up for sale. Bittersweet in all honesty. It's a 2000 Ford F250 supercab that I've had since new. Power stroke with the 6 speed manual and 4x4 XLT. Love the truck and definitely got my money's worth out of it. Been putting money into it, mostly recently, but always wondering "what's going to go wrong next?" I haven't been using it as a truck lately and just a daily driver. I'm not gonna lie, I'm probably gonna cry when it goes to her new home, but the time has come. I picked up an Audi A6 last week and am enjoying the hell out of it though!!! But to my old girl, Thank you for being there when I needed you.

I just needed to vent/lean on someone's shoulder. Thanks for listening.

Post some pics and put an ad in the classifieds. There’s a bunch of people probably looking for a vehicle just like what you’ve got.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Boy, if that was a crew cab, we'd be having a conversation right now.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:

So the lady who bought it was Wendy. My sister went with me to drive me home. We named the other 3 that showed up The Expert, The Skeptic and Party Girl.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No bullet needed. She isn't dead and isn't limping either. I've kept after it pretty good. Not perfect, but not limping either.

I have a couple people interested here local. If they don't pan out I may just post it in the classifieds.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I don't know what you can get for a twenty YO pickup, but you could keep it as a backup vehicle, or if you actually need to haul something.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
You've got one of the most in demand trucks on the market. Good luck and price it high.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I don't know what you can get for a twenty YO pickup, but you could keep it as a backup vehicle, or if you actually need to haul something.

That's what I'd do.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have an issue keeping it, but it would sit more than it would be used. I have a utility trailer and need a hitch for the Q5 we have in order to tow it.

I know the motor and transmission are the money of the truck. Shooting high and see where it gets me. Plus the money from the sale will go towards the principle of the A6.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
You've got one of the most in demand trucks on the market. Good luck and price it high.

My truck’s value increased by $5K in value according to KBB due to the lack of used F150’s. I heard this was the reason from a dealer. Mine is a 2011.

Good luck!

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
My brother still has his 1994 F250. Also since new. If you're moving to an Audi, you're apparently not facing a truck replacement. But in the face of a truck replacement at their current prices, adding some cash to the Ford always seems the right choice for my brother.

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Trading a twenty year old Ford, for an A6, s definitely a good trade up. Congrats!

quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
The transaction in a Wal-Mart parking lot is legend and made us laugh to this day. I can write it up if needed.

Sounds like his 20 year old truck has already prepared him for Audi maintenance life.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
... picked up an Audi A6 last week ...
Bet your back feels 300% better in the Audi. Wink

I'm on my 4th truck but see the day when a car or smaller SUV will be my daily driver.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know where you are coming from. Back in 1987 I picked up a well-used 1979 F350 4-Wheel Drive, which was a fleet vehicle for a propane company in its former life. It had a steel flatbed and was a convenient wood and scrap hauler. It was the base model, no AC or power windows.

A year or two later I yanked out the 351M and dropped in a bored-out 460. About 3 years after that I found that I needed a Supercab with rear seat to haul the 3 kids around. I did it the hard way, stretching the frame to Supercab wheelbase and grafting a good rear-half of a Supercab cab section to the good front-half of my standard cab. Labor of love on that project.

About 2-1/2 years ago I finally broke down and purchased a pre-owned 2016 F150 Lariat 4-door 4-Wheel Drive, with 6-1/2' bed. Kicking myself for not doing that sooner, really liking the newer truck. The old F350 is now relegated to infrequent heavy-hauls and field work around the family farm. Wife is pushing me to get rid of it, but still can't bring myself to do so. I take the old one to places I wouldn't take the newer one, such as the scrap yard, thru the woods at the farm, or hauling stone.

The 1979 was the last year for the classic body style, and has the heavy Dana axles and transfer case. I'm still planning to keep it for an ambitious restoration in a few years when I retire.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Funny that even older vehicles that were pre-electronic ignition are actually in demand for fear of EMP/CMP's

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post