SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody else buy salvage vehicles?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody else buy salvage vehicles? Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Fascinating thread. I've been thinking about buying a car that merely has an accident on it. They seem to be a few thousand cheaper. I just need transportation, don't need anything fancy. Correction, I don't need anything now, just when my 2003 Civic needs to be replaced.

Never really thought about something with a salvage title.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have done it several times, the first one I had to take a loan out to afford it. Bank would loan me half of the KBB value on the salvage title vehicle. My first one I resold and pretty much broke even, learned a lot. It works out if you can do the work yourself. If you pay someone to do the work, there is a lot more risk involved, and maybe some things that you should have spotted before you bought it.

Posts: 438 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
I have done one. 2002 Chevy Trailblazer

Drove it for about 10 years. Still have it, though I don't drive it any more. I didn't lose money on it, but I don't think I'll do another one.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Last weekend I found a V8 Taurus SHO in the junkyard. Could probably be had for $1500. Too many projects, so little time.

Posts: 9171 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post