SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NHL tries to hold leftist, woke event in FL, Ron DeSantis makes them change their mind.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NHL tries to hold leftist, woke event in FL, Ron DeSantis makes them change their mind. Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
The NHL (along with the MLB) has become a woke leftist shitshow like the NBA and NFL. But it’s great to have a guy like DeSantis who will stand against their nonsense.

It also never ceases to amaze me how often leftists “accidentally” post things. This is like PayPal “accidentally” posting a new ToS that allows them to take money from users if they feel they are guilty of disinformation.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...criminatory-job-fair

* Article edited to remove repetitive and unnecessary text

quote:

After Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' office blasted the National Hockey League for hosting a "discriminatory" job fair that only allows certain groups of people to attend, the league backtracked and said the event is open to all individuals over 18-years-old.

The event, titled "Pathway to Hockey Summit" is scheduled for on Feb. 2 during the 2023 All Star Festivities in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and seeks to help "diverse job seekers who are pursuing careers in hockey."

According to a now-deleted post by the NHL promoting the event on LinkedIn, the event is only open to certain groups of people.

"Participants must be 18 years of age or older, based in the U.S., and identify as female, Black, Asian/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, Indigenous, LGBTQIA+, and/or a person with a disability. Veterans are also welcome and encouraged to attend," the event description states.

In a statement, Bryan Griffin, press secretary for DeSantis, said that the event is discriminatory.

"Discrimination of any sort is not welcome in the state of Florida, and we do not abide by the woke notion that discrimination should be overlooked if applied in a politically popular manner or against a politically unpopular demographic. We are fighting all discrimination in our schools and our workplaces, and we will fight it in publicly accessible places of meeting or activity," Griffin said.

Griffin also said that the NHL should "immediately remove and denounce the discriminatory prohibitions it has imposed on attendance to the 2023 ‘Pathway to Hockey’ summit."

In a statement to Fox News Digital, the NHL said the "original wording of the LinkedIn post associated with the event was not accurate."

"The Pathway to Hockey Summit is an informational and networking event designed to encourage all individuals to consider a career in our game – and, in particular, alert those who might not be familiar with hockey to the opportunities it offers," the NHL spokesperson said.

The NHL deleted the event posting from its LinkedIn account on Friday night.

In a further clarification, the spokesperson said the event is open to anyone ages 18 and older.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
In a statement to Fox News Digital, the NHL said the "original wording of the LinkedIn post associated with the event was not accurate."

Yeah, OK...Gotcha! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8959 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post

MMkay??

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the NHL was paying attention to what happened to Disney when they stepped in it.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3855 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
“Oh yeah, and veterans”

What a crock of shit.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6348 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
DeSantis keeps putting notches on his belt. About time we had a Republican with brains and guts.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6067 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
It’s scary that these idiots think that it’s fine, if not heroic to flat out discriminate against white males. Thank God for people like Ron Desantis.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7963 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The NHL owns nothing. If someone like Connor McDavid or Alex Ovechkin stood up and said fuck this shit and hung up the skates the NHL would change their attitude in a heartbeat. The organization in itself is weak which is why they did this in the first place.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
When I think of “diversity” the NHL is the first that comes to mind… Roll Eyes

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10962 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to know who approved the original message. I’m so sick of this bullshit popping up everywhere. Who’s next, Ford, Pepsi, the Secretary of Education? It’s as appealing as cockroaches, and just as hard to get rid of.
I watched the Blackhawks get dominated by Seattle last night, that was bad enough. I really don’t need this crap being fed to my family while trying to enjoy a game.

Posts: 979 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Whitey need not apply

Posts: 33891 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Read the comments in the original article. Seems like we're not the only ones fed up with this behavior from "professional" organizations.

Posts: 7568 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So the majority of the people who watch hockey are the ones targeted to not attend the event. Makes sense to me.

I just wish our state and every other one, would not invest a single dime into their stadiums paid for by our tax dollars. It is a bad investment for one and we have been screwed a couple times already by putting tax dollars into them.

Posts: 6912 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I doubt that race discrimination is the cause of most NHL teams being solidly White. Most of them are from areas with small non-White populations, and few of the non-Whites ice skate.

Persons make their own choices as to which sports they elect to follow and participate in. Sometimes those choices do result from cultural mores and physical characteristics. (More Black basketball players because statistically there are more tall, skinny Black people than Whites, and neighborhood games promote the sport.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok , so they backtracked on the wording . That won't change anything .

Posts: 4071 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post