SIGforum
CrispyCrete - disposing of returned concrete

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1870048934

March 30, 2018, 01:44 PM
Georgeair
CrispyCrete - disposing of returned concrete
That is a very cool idea that seems likely to be broadly implemented.

CrispyCrete

High level process review article

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

March 30, 2018, 02:38 PM
Chris42
Good idea in general. If they already use forms to cast blocks, that could continue and this could complement the system. Blocks for a large returned load, treated concrete for the rest.
March 30, 2018, 05:29 PM
snwghst
I have a good friend who has a concrete crushing yard.

Depending on spec needed he can grind everything from 1/4” chunks to 5” rock. He resells for anything from road beds to oyster beds

Everything goes through multiple stage screens and sorted by size. Magnets pull the steel out. This he amasses until the recycling price is right then he cashes it in also

He can’t get enough waste to fill his orders often

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever
March 30, 2018, 05:59 PM
BBMW
I would expect a trademark infringement lawsuit from Crispy Kreme pretty shortly.
March 30, 2018, 08:34 PM
ffemt44
Concrete is my career. If the foreman or project manager has a half a clue as to what thy are doing there will be less than half a yard of concrete remaining after a pour. We will either line our concrete debris dumpster with some plastic and have he truck wash out there or build a box for it. Either way the dumpster of leftover concrete and debris gets sent to a recycler for a minimal charge.
Regular garbage costs about $50 a yard to dispose of.
Concrete debris in a separate dumpster costs $8 a yard to dispose of. It is always crushed and reused.