SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Indiana life insurance CEO says deaths are up 40% among people ages 18-64
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana life insurance CEO says deaths are up 40% among people ages 18-64 Login/Join 
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
MetLife does mostly group term policies for employers. So, while that's a ton of business, most people die after retirement, which means they're no longer on MetLife's books. Very few convert to whole life and take it with them when they retire. Obviously, life insurance companies' actuary folks know how to read numbers better than anyone else. But I don't think MetLife is in any danger of having to pay out more claims than usual.

Posts: 3538 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Good point Graniteguy. A good number of my friends were in good shape and gym regulars but many quit working out when the 600 days to slow the spread first started.

No one really talks about it but this virus really messed up a lot of people with regards to mental health.

I guess I'm an outlier. As far as I can tell, it really hasn't affected me mentally, I just ignore it. IMHO, 99% of what you hear via the MSM (and most of my relatives...) is pure bullshit.

I just go on with my life and only put up with the various restrictions when I have no choice.

You have the benefit of wisdom and life experience to give you perspective. You've also 'lived your life' for the most part and are, from all indications, enjoying the reduced stresses of your earned retirement. I believe the effects, and the stresses of navigating life in the 'Age of COVID' has a disparate impact on those who a looking through the lens of still having their whole life ahead of them, how ever they might define it. Even those considered in the middle/prime of their lives are experiencing and/or perceiving their future being taken from them. What I'm seeing leads me to believe that the younger the individual, the far greater and disproportionate the impact, especially as younger individuals do not yet have the wisdom and strength of character that comes from life experience.

The impact of the ongoing, now 600 days and still counting, campaign to 'Stop the Spread' has been unrelenting. Prior to COVID, the younger generation seemingly had not a worry, and unlimited potential to realize all of their hopes and dreams. That outlook for many has been obliterated, even if only in their psyche. The crushing impact of lockdowns, destroyed livelihoods, lost educational opportunity, widespread violence by criminal thugs & anarchists, and a corrupt & incompetent .gov, that has not only allowed it to continue unchecked, but even promoted it, weighs heavily on the population, especially those with everything yet ahead of them. Add to that, the 'systemic racism' promoted by the corrupt media and academia, pushing CRT and hate driven divisive rhetoric in virtually every aspect of daily life, and you've got a recipe for a catastrophe! The 'weight' of this has, and will have huge affects, negatively impacting the lifespans of many. Whether it's death from suicide, overdose, disease that went untreated (even COVID is a prime example! Roll Eyes ), criminal violence, the consequences/long term effects of a 'vaccine' that are still yet unknown, this is an Absolute Travesty! The societal impact is both one that's unimaginable, and yet completely avoidable & absolutely unnecessary! Mad

I have a 17 YO son, and I'm seeing these affects nearly every day! Words cannot express how it pains me to see how the 'Age of COVID' has impacted my son. Frown

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
When I was in Kona Hawaii a couple of months ago, I spent a lot of time talking to the locals who lived there.

Met people who had lost their businesses, their homes, all their accumulated savings and as a group wanted to kill the Governor of Hawaii.

It was pretty sad as the Governor locked down the whole state and when you do that to people who make their living off tourism, you destroy their world completely.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I don't think MetLife is in any danger of having to pay out more claims than usual.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
They are the world's experts when in comes to making money. If a loss occurs they will quickly make it up.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
@nhracecraft:

Very valid points. I haven't noticed it particularly affecting my grandsons (24 and 30) but I don't see them day-to-day either.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15232 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
MetLife does mostly group term policies for employers. So, while that's a ton of business, most people die after retirement, which means they're no longer on MetLife's books. Very few convert to whole life and take it with them when they retire. Obviously, life insurance companies' actuary folks know how to read numbers better than anyone else. But I don't think MetLife is in any danger of having to pay out more claims than usual.

They didn't sell their book? They sold their individual life business a few years ago. Never did I ever that that my policy would end up with another company when I wrote it. They should have never gone public.

Same with my mortgage they promised that they were in the business to earn interest, not to resell loans. Nope sold my loan. Now I've had three mortgage companies this year and had to amend my taxes last year because the idiots couldn't track payments from on company to the next.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
As long as the terms of the contract don't change, you're in no danger when servicing changes hands.

Posts: 3538 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I can say that he's telling the truth about death claims on life insurance going up, we're in the business of processing life claims for funerals, significant increase in the past year.

Retiring doesn't mean you lose your group benefits, depends on the employer as some continue life benefits during retirement, GM, Ford, etc, and, if you opt to continue coverage or port it out although many don't opt for that, they should.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
As long as the terms of the contract don't change, you're in no danger when servicing changes hands.

Fees went up 100x for some things and fees were installed that never existed. Fees for things like paper statements, payoff amounts, and other various things.

It's annoying every time it happens I have correct my auto draft. This last time (last month) my mortgage was late. I called them and they read off to me a bank account that didn't belong to me, and of course I had to reset up my additional principal payment. MetLife had US based customer support, no clue what country I had to call this time around, but I ended up yelling at the lady. Three times I gave her my email address, each time she repeated back to me the spelling of my last name (not in my email address at all).

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Fees went up 100x for some things and fees were installed that never existed. Fees for things like paper statements, payoff amounts, and other various things.

It's annoying every time it happens I have correct my auto draft. This last time (last month) my mortgage was late. I called them and they read off to me a bank account that didn't belong to me, and of course I had to reset up my additional principal payment. MetLife had US based customer support, no clue what country I had to call this time around, but I ended up yelling at the lady. Three times I gave her my email address, each time she repeated back to me the spelling of my last name (not in my email address at all).

That's outrageous if contract terms were not kept. I'd be escalating that. I've had plenty of mortgages get sold and never had an issue with anything other than the payment address changing. I run into life insurance policies now and then from companies that went out of business and who handed their books off to other servicers. Never heard of any price or fees changing though.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Man was not meant to be isolated from his fellow man and it leads to mental problems.

It takes great mental fortitude. I don't know whether I have it and consider myself lucky to have been sealed up with a good woman over the past couple of years.

We believe arming our fellow Americans – both physically and philosophically – helps them fulfill our Founding Fathers' intent with the Second Amendment: To serve as a check on state power.

Posts: 280 | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Drug overdoses are way up. Suicides are up.

Yes, I know that's part of it.

quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
lol, right, it's the medicine.
fucking ridiculous.

It's a combination of things, including mental health issues from the lockdowns and people feeling betrayed by government and employers.

But there's no doubt that vaccine adverse events are also happening.

Unprecedented: Deaths in Indiana for ages 18-64 are up 40%
This is huge. Something is killing healthy people at an unprecedented rate. It isn't COVID. Could it be the "safe and effective" COVID vaccine? I think so. Here's why.

Steve Kirsch
https://stevekirsch.substack.c...eaths-in-indiana-for

What if the largest experiment on human beings in history is a failure?
A report from an Indiana life insurance company raises serious concerns.

Robert W Malone MD, MS

https://rwmalonemd.substack.co...argest-experiment-on

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Most of the claims for deaths being filed are not classified as COVID-19 deaths,

That is why I call bullshit. Every death seems to be related to COVID.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:
Most of the claims for deaths being filed are not classified as COVID-19 deaths,

That is why I call bullshit. Every death seems to be related to COVID.

What part do you not believe?
That these deaths among people ages 18-64 are NOT COVID-19 deaths? Or that you were lied to by government about COVID-19 deaths for the last 2 years?

What could be causing this? There are some clues. Davidson also said that the company is seeing an “uptick” in DISABILITY claims, saying at first it was just short-term disability claims, but now long-term disability claims are also trending up. So, while we can’t say for SURE that the injections are causing excess deaths, whatever is killing folks appears to be something that ALSO causes some people to become DISABLED. Hmm. Whatever could that be? It’s a mystery. But whatever the ACTUAL cause, it is pretty clear that government Covid policy is to blame, one way or another.

Thanks experts.

So, it may be that the government is trying to hide the non-Covid deaths numbers and the media is helping, but OTHER folks — like insurance companies — are also carefully tracking the same data. Their businesses depend on it. Lots of insurance companies are publicly traded and by law must report financial performance to shareholders — including things like trends in claims paid and identified financial risks.

Jeff Childers, Coffee & Covid

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I'm sure plenty of other states do this too, but in AZ any death within 60 days of a positive Covid test and no subsequent negative test is counted as a Covid death. Get hit by a bus on the way home from a drive-thru positive test and it is 100% counted as a Covid death. So, while I'm kind of curious what's causing a spike in deaths in certain demographics, I'm quite sure there some shenanigans in how things are counted.

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Are there any reliable up to date sources on global death rates that could be compared to months or years past?

I ask because if the statements from this insurance person are correct, that would seem to go against the findings that prompted the thread about the RCMP Corporal that resigned. Specifically his assertion that global death rates have not changed since Covid.

Not picking sides, and maybe my reading comprehension is lacking here, but really curious to know.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
Couldn't possibly be the medicine! No reason to suspect panicked politicians would stampede their constituents into taking experimental treatments so said politicians can pretend they are mitigating the 'crisis'....
....while lining their pockets.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm sure plenty of other states do this too, but in AZ any death within 60 days of a positive Covid test and no subsequent negative test is counted as a Covid death. Get hit by a bus on the way home from a drive-thru positive test and it is 100% counted as a Covid death. So, while I'm kind of curious what's causing a spike in deaths in certain demographics, I'm quite sure there some shenanigans in how things are counted.

This is true in many States and I am sure it contributes to a significant number of the reported C19 deaths over the past 20+ months.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post