SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Horse and some humor (at least to me)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Horse and some humor (at least to me) Login/Join 
posted
I don't often post threads unrelated to guns here, but I'm still laughing at this...My wife just got a new horse, I'm not normally too much involved in her horse situation (she has several but way less than the number of guns I have that cost the same). Nothing special about the whole purchase event as I just normally deal with the legal/payment issues and not the horse/horse inspection, etc. During the several month long process he was referred to as "Scotch". OK not totally dumb. Well in any case he arrived today and his official registered name is "Trigger Happy". I'm probably going to like him.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Great name!

My wife and daughter will be demanding photos!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
That's great Smile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a match made in heaven!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me like YOU just got a new horse...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
So why the nickname “Scotch”?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No idea, maybe calling out trigger happy seemed weird in public events. but that's on the prior owners. On the transfer papers they actually liked to say affectionately called "scotch". But maybe the original owner drank scotch. I have no idea...
I doubt my wife will change it since he responds immediately to it. But every time some now says his name my brain goes 'scotch'=trigger happy= time to go shooting or buy a gun. so it works for me.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
It is very common in the horse world for a horse to have a registered name (if a registered breed) and a totally different 'barn name' or 'show name' that it actually goes by.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
It is very common in the horse world for a horse to have a registered name (if a registered breed) and a totally different 'barn name' or 'show name' that it actually goes by.

This is true for AKC registered dogs, too. For dogs it's because the AKC registered name has to be unique - you can't register a dog with a name that has ever been registered before. So the name on the papers is almost invariably long and absurd.

I imagine the same is true with horses.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
Love the name!

We have 6 horses, three which were born on our place. They are all of Playgun mare, and Grey's Starlight. Usually you try to combine the Sire and Mare's names in some way.

Their registered names are

Shootin out the Lights (Mesa)
Gunplay by Moonlight (Gunnar)
and
Gunslinger in Grey (Sundance)

Smile

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Great name!

My wife and daughter will be demanding photos!

Is this possible? Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Is this possible? Big Grin

Unfortunately she has outgrown that variety of pony. Hers are now much bigger and eat a lot more than that guy! Big Grin

- John Adams