SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got some bad news today from my doc. Hopefully NO Part 2.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got some bad news today from my doc. Hopefully NO Part 2. Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
You're in my prayers, Brother.

Posts: 26910 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I pray for the very best of outcomes for you.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12721 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
You got this.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
My wife went through this a couple years ago. Her thyroid was removed, she had the radiation, etc. She is doing well now.

There is a lot of information out there, some good, some not so good. If you want to drop me an email and I can share our experience. Yes it's scary as hell. But it can be OK in the end.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent your way. Kick its ass.

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
It’s ok to be scared my friend. You WILL beat this and finish your school. You have a great mindset, a wonderful family, and many friends here that are praying for you and are always here to listen. Good luck, prayers sent!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be praying for you and your family. I sincerely wish you the strength and inner peace you will need to get thru this. You will get thru this.

Posts: 30 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Stay strong. My girlfriend had her thyroid removed 2 years ago. I wish you well, and have a speedy recovery.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Ador you I’ll continue to be in my prayers.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
You can fight this. You can and you will, and you will win. We will be with you, all along the way.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hang in there bud!!! You got this beat.

Posts: 4058 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the support and prayers. I’m 30 mins away from the end of my shift. One side of me is hoping that my wife is asleep so she can get good night rest and I don’t have to tell her tonight. The other part of me is hoping that she is awake so we can sit down and talk. I really don’t know. I guess I am still in shock. Frown

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
When I thought I had lung cancer, I was good to go. But then again, I knew my wife would be okay and we don't have any kids.

Thank you for sharing your fears; they're understandable.

We'll be hoping for the best for you.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glad you have shared your news and fears. This forum has already replied with amazing insight and hope following your post.
What a great group!
Please stay strong and keep us posted on your progress! Wishing you a fast recovery!

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
You and your wife are more informed than most, being in the medical field yourselves.

With all that knowledge, you know about the side effects and fine details some in the medical profession might gloss over when delivering the news to someone newly diagnosed with cancer.

You’re justifiably frightened, and brave enough to admit it.

Telling your wife will strengthen you, and make you even braver - because then you will have a partner to square off to this disease together.

Your whole family is in my prayers.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Prayers, stay strong and don't ring the bell, you're in the hearts and prayers of all of us.
Spunk

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Many things that only a few years ago would've been game-enders are now entirely "winnable" if you get aggressive and stay strong. Add my prayers to the list. You can do this.

Posts: 2465 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
I don't have anything to add except prayers. It sounds like the prognosis is pretty good. We'll be here for you.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post