SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    P220 you still alive and posting?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 you still alive and posting? Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted
We went to eat at Main Street in Newtown today. The purpose being to fill my stomach, and then make a side trip to YMCA road and see the results of the fire we heard mentioned in the news. So it seems there was a fire in a detatched garage. A fireman (hopefully not you) got himself tangled up in wires the garage and they issued an SOS. He got himself out and they cancelled it.

The fire was at the corner house, YMCA and Round Bottom roads. The house where the sewage pumping truck always sits. The fire gutted the garage and left some well toasted stuff. Not a huge fire as the walls were still standing and the roof only sagging. Since this is on your turf, I thought I'd post it here.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
rburg,

Thanks for asking, I am alive and well.

I live across the river and approximately 1.5 miles (as the bird flies) from that location. We were not called, it was probably Anderson Township. Sounds like a serious situation. When a mayday goes out, the world stops and there is only one focus.

Main Street Cafe is always a good bet. We eat there occasionally and always enjoy it.

Holler when you are in the hood next time, I will buy you a beer or a pop at Ethel's Tavern and we can peruse the selection at Ready Line.

Take care!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post