SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rhode Island mother sued by NEA for requesting copy of school curriculum for her 5 year old kindergartner child
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rhode Island mother sued by NEA for requesting copy of school curriculum for her 5 year old kindergartner child Login/Join 
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Friendly reminder: We aren't voting our way out of this.

Posts: 1767 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akcopnfbks:
Friendly reminder: We aren't voting our way out of this.
I'm genuinely tired of this trite shit. It borders on arrogance, and it's certainly smug.

Tell me: what is our "way out of this"?

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
With all due respect Para, disagreeing with the majority opinion held here isn't smug or arrogant, though I'll give you trite. It's just a different opinion than yours and it irritates you. I knew when I posted that it might be less than well-received, and decided it was worth it to attempt to have the conversation.

The system is broken. Voting won't fix it. The answer isn't "voting harder". That's playing a rigged game by their rules. The answer as I see it is rooting out the corruption and reducing the size, scope, and reach of the federal government. It's going to require mass noncompliance by people, and ignoring federal rules and mandates on a large scale. It may require a financial collapse before enough people realize this, which with the end of the petrodollar may be closer than we think. Do you genuinely believe voting will fix anything? It's not about who is President. One person isn't saving the country. No one is coming to save us. It is up to us to do it if it's going to happen.

Heap the coals, go ahead. It wasn't meant to start an argument, it was meant to open the discussion and have useful dialogue. Yep it was a trite opening statement. So what? What is your way out? Continuing to do the same things that brought us to this point?

Posts: 1767 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akcopnfbks:
With all due respect Para, disagreeing with the majority opinion held here isn't smug or arrogant, though I'll give you trite.
I called it smug because that's what it is. A conversation is going on and then someone uses that foundation to stand on and tell everyone else, in essence, they're fools and they're missing the point. I say that the conversation is used as a foundation because this I-know-something-that-all-you-jackasses-have-missed stuff doesn't work unless the person saying it waits and has something to counter a bunch of others. I've seen it countless times. It's always the same, and in this case, it's worse because you're not even using your own words. It's a trite, overused, quasi-wise platitude which doesn't even offer up any kind of solution. All you did was tell us we're wrong and foolish. And oh, yes, it was a "friendly reminder". GMAFB
quote:
It's just a different opinion than yours and it irritates you.
Are you telling me that it bothers me simply because it's a different opinion than mine? YOU. ARE. WRONG. Hear me? That is not what's going on here and I resent you implying that I'm so Goddamned fragile that I can't even hear an opinion different than mine. You are out of line. All sorts of opinions get posted here. That's as big a cop-out as you will ever post on this board.
quote:
I knew when I posted that it might be less than well-received, and decided it was worth it to attempt to have the conversation.
"have the conversation"?? Man, the only thing you did was post a platitude. WHAT "conversation"? You offered up no practical solution. All you did was to smirk at everyone here.
quote:
The system is broken. Voting won't fix it. The answer isn't "voting harder". That's playing a rigged game by their rules. The answer as I see it is rooting out the corruption and reducing the size, scope, and reach of the federal government. It's going to require mass noncompliance by people, and ignoring federal rules and mandates on a large scale. It may require a financial collapse before enough people realize this, which with the end of the petrodollar may be closer than we think. Do you genuinely believe voting will fix anything?
What I believe is that you're talking out of your ass. What you're suggesting is not going to happen
quote:
It's not about who is President. One person isn't saving the country.
No shit, one person can't save us, but don't sit there are try to convince me that having Donald Trump in office won't help. You are out of your fucking mind. It's near impossible to take you seriously with this shit
quote:
No one is coming to save us.
Oh, look! More trite, overused platitudes!
quote:
Yep it was a trite opening statement. So what?
"So what"? I told you I was tired of this trite shit. Figure it out. DON'T POST IT. Get it?
quote:
What is your way out? Continuing to do the same things that brought us to this point?
You didn't read the thread, because if you had, you would have seen my comments, and my solution is no less practical and no less possible than yours.

You got any more questions for me?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, and by the way- here's a clue for ya: I performed a search for the word "trump" on every member who has posted in this thread. All these members have mentioned Donald Trump- that is, all of them but you:

Nada

I begin to see the issue more clearly now. Yes, I do.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Message received. Understood. No questions. I appreciate the forum and the place you've created.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thank you, and despite the fiery response from me, you should know that you will always be welcome here.