SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weird question about FFL
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weird question about FFL Login/Join 
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
You'll need to establish an LLC or corporation first. Then you'll need to get an employer id#, state business license, city business license, meet the zoning requirements or get a city/county business occupancy license. You'll also need to register with the IRS as an s-corp or corporation.

After that's accomplished, you can apply for the FFL. If you submit an FFL application without having the above local requirements met, ATF I'll cancel or hold your application untill it's all done.

That's the only way. Every time I've moved to another state, I've had to repeat the process. 3 times in the last 15 years!

You don't need a license to own one. Just money!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/733991043

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
You can own "transferable" machineguns, which are any machine gun that was registered in the NFA before May 1986.

These guns are very expensive now since there are only a finite supply of transferables in existence. For example, an HK MP5 will cost you about $35,000, and an IMI Uzi will be around $12,000.

You don't need an FFL or NFA dealer if you find one for sale in your state, you can do all the paperwork and the seller can give you the weapon after the paperwork is approved.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
Yeah... It's not that easy. DaBigBR gave a pretty good outline it appears. You'll probably need a brick and mortar store front too, so there's that cost.

Incorrect. Home-based FFLs are still approved, however the local requirements (zoning, permits, etc.) are often a problem.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
A lot of correct information here.
The biggest benefit of a FFL SOT is you don’t need to pay the $200 transfer fee on NFA items. 2.5 suppressors equals the cost.
The old “kitchen table” FFL is still in existence. As an FFL , you can send and receive firearms. Add the SOT and you can send and receive NFA items. You just don’t transfer the NFA items. You have to account for ALL guns, NFA items. An ATF agent can schedule an inventory check. So, lot of Federal red tape but you can bypass the tax stamp for NFA items.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post