SIGforum
Had a Good Experience With MS Support

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1840034344

June 22, 2018, 02:49 PM
Bytes
Had a Good Experience With MS Support
I have been in love with my Surface Pro 4, but alas, it came down with the screen flicker issue. I hadn't heard about it until it happened to me. The device became unusable unless it was connected to a dock station. Apparently it took a while for MS to acknowledge the problem Frown At any rate I called their customer service today and it took about 10 minutes to get a replacement handled. The downside is I have to use an old fashioned I7 laptop until the replacement arrives.

A very good experience overall.
June 22, 2018, 10:38 PM
smschulz
Not to be confused with the Indians who randomly call to let you know your are "virusing" up the world.
Then want to take over your computer for a fee and save it.

Their Partner Portal changed recently and I forgot how to get in ~ very helpful on getting back in.
Always had pretty competent help when I had to supplement my support with their help on some complex issues.

Pleasant change from ATT or Comcast. Eek
June 23, 2018, 06:58 AM
MrToad
Bytes, how old was your Surface? I've had mine about 18 months and it's been rock solid for me and no flickering. I'm curious if yours was within the 1 year warranty period as mine is six months out of it.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.
June 23, 2018, 08:44 AM
Bytes
quote:
Originally posted by MrToad:
Bytes, how old was your Surface? I've had mine about 18 months and it's been rock solid for me and no flickering. I'm curious if yours was within the 1 year warranty period as mine is six months out of it.

About 2 years. Just woke up one morning and a screen flicker started happening. From my research it is a rare problem. MS is covering devices out of warranty.