SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best Costco trip EVER!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Costco trip EVER! Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
So went to Costco's Business Center to stock up this afternoon. Parked the Jeep in the lot, hear a jet engine absolutely screaming at low altitude and saw Thunderbird 6 make a high speed low level pass directly across the road. Walked back to the Jeep, dropped the tailgate and stood up in the back watching the Thunderbirds' practice session for this weekend's airshow at JBER.

I wasn't the only one. Lots of folks stopped what they were doing and were watching from the parking lot as well. Looking forward to the real show this weekend!

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11880 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
That'll do it.
We got vip tickets to the Houston show a couple years ago, wife's friend's brother was ground crew for one of the planes.
Got to tour the flight line post-show, without a crowd.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Puts me in mind of one of my best days EVER. I graduated from the University of Arizona in Tucson. One spring ( I suppose 20 years or so ago) we returned to Tucson for Spring Training. We went to see the Diamondbacks and the Chicago White Sox play. It was a spectacular Friday afternoon and Curt Schilling was on the mound for Arizona. There was an airshow at Davis-Monthan AFB that weekend and the Thunderbirds were running through their routine overhead. It was a “God Bless America” day and set of circumstances. I’ll remember that day as long as I live.

Posts: 13547 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two weeks ago there was an air show here in the quad cities,
I got gas ,went and parked and three navy jets flew past in afterburner mode.

I want to say raptors but i.d.k. for sure.
( Probably wrong)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55139 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
... three navy jets flew past in afterburner mode.

I want to say raptors but i.d.k. for sure.
( Probably wrong)

The Navy doesn't fly the F-22 Raptor. Perhaps you saw F/A-18s?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18088 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to work downtown Chicago and every year the blue angels would practice for several days for the Air and Water show. Right above our yard used to be a popular place for them to turn around. I remember thinking it was kind of neat as they would bank right over our heads so low that I could see the color of their helmets.

Posts: 1149 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Watched them practice near Chanute AFB several times. Like you I shut down the spraying leaned back and enjoyed the show.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5232 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Navy doesn't fly the F-22 Raptor. Perhaps you saw F/A-18s? , Orguss.

Could be , probably was ,
4 seconds of viewing them wasn't enough time for me, but L O U D !

Definitely will be going to next year's show.

We went to three shows at PT. mugu NAS. IN SO. CAL.

Prior to the ban on breaking the sound barrier.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55139 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
I go to the MCAS Miramar show every year in the Devil Dog Alley chalet. It's fantastic. Skipping this year, my granddaughter is too young to be out there all day, and my daughter in law loves the show too.

I also go to the Thunderbirds show when they are at Selfridge ANGB since that was my unit.

Posts: 4093 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Every once in a while when I'm at Costco, the F 16's will be at the bombing range about 10 miles west of the Costco. Never gets old watching them come in.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4030 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Cool but I was hoping you got prime brisket for $3.89/lb

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12598 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Thunderbirds at the Sanford Air show, parked the Harley on the road side and got a few videos.

Be sure to go full screen volume at 110% Big Grin

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Earlier this year the Blue Angels were doing their preshow training during our Thursday golf game. Free show for 18 holes.
Those things always bring a smile to my face.

Posts: 2054 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post