SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mystery Light Resto-mod.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mystery Light Resto-mod. Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
Since I’ve not been able to find anything out about the lights I bought.
I decided to just finish them out the way I think would look best.
I soda blasted the trim ring & lens plate.
After sanding the cast aluminum housing I found the original color was grey.
So I landed on a grey hammered finish & polished the glass lens to finish it up.
Almost brings an upscale look it.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Nice! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8928 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Very nice--whatever their purpose - lol

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, that’s a swell job!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Very nice result. You do excellent work.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16527 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Great work, GB. I always enjoy seeing your projects on the forum.

BTW, the blue-handled bottle cap opener you made and karma'd to me is still doing great work around my beer fridge!

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2543 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Blasting with soda was a great idea, I've often wanted to blast some of my wood turning with sand or walnut shells just to see what impact it would make.

Great work !!

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Beautiful restoration.

Now what are you going to use them for, starting a red light district?

Posts: 4820 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New tail light on your motorcycle?

Posts: 1072 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Hook it up to a sensor so your wife knows when to stop when she pulls in the garage. I use a tennis ball hung from a string for my wife, but yours is much, much cooler!

Posts: 5765 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:
Beautiful restoration.

Now what are you going to use them for, starting a red light district?

Honestly I have no idea .
I don’t need them but I enjoy putting things like this back in action.
At $25 a piece & another $20 in materials it’s an inexpensive project.
They’ll probably go in our gym with the other overflow of signs or give them to a friend this Christmas.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Put them on eBay for $500 as mystery lights and someone will probably buy them. Big Grin

Either way nice results, must feel good looking at the before and after and saying "I did that!"

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20836 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness that looks amazing ! If you excuse my OCD ... but I would love to see a stainless screw in the place of the brass one at the bottom of the lens.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The gray looks great Grumpy

Posts: 460 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post