SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you learn today?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you learn today? Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I learned about the cascading effect a malfunctioning brake lever can have on an electric bike. A frustrating lesson but a diagnostic bit of knowledge I will never forget. Especially after spending hours replacing parts that were fine.

I also learned (painfully) that eye protection isn’t a bad idea to have when servicing front suspension forks for mountain bikes. 10w oil or potentially isopropyl alcohol is no fun to get in your eyes….

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21118 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I learned not to save money by buying one-ply toilet paper.
One-ply toilet paper is a real breakthrough.

teaches you not to bite your fingernails

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Put together a bunk bed. My wife thought our granddaughters, who stay with us frequently, would enjoy them, so we pulled the queen bed out of the upstairs guest bedroom and I assembled a rather well made bunk bed with a full bed bottom and a twin bed top bunk. My gripe was the universal pictures-only assembly instructions, but it went ok and I agree that the girls will have a fun time with them.

Posts: 13283 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Today I learned that the auto-leveling function on our the large 3D printer at work doesn't work well... and I learned to level it manually.

I also learned that I need practice on that -- clearly, I didn't get it right the first time.

God bless America.

Posts: 13508 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post