SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What are those awful bugs...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are those awful bugs... Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
We had those in our old rock house in the hills near Kerrville. My bride killed a big one like that with the little ash shovel from the fireplace. I was so proud of her.

The one pictured had just absorbed and entire can of wasp-hornet spray, which is why it is curled up a bit. Prior to that he was probably 9". The monsoon storms bring them up. We occasionally see youngsters in the house/garage, only about 3" long, but the adults tend to stay hidden for the most part.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
So definitely these are house centipedes.

While I might suffer them to live, DeplorableDixie will not, so die they must.

I may try to spray some foam sealer around the plumbing that comes up from the slab.

Or just give them a whiff of birdshot every once and a while...hopefully it won't scratch the tile too much. Razz

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post