SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Death of a former co-worker this week reminds me to be extra careful on the road, not that I'm not careful, already.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Death of a former co-worker this week reminds me to be extra careful on the road, not that I'm not careful, already. Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Guy was one of the nurses in the clinic. Also was a paramedic & firefighter. Very good and smart guy. Went on to become a CRNA. Found out he was killed instantly in a car crash on Tuesday about 6AM. According to TX DPS, he was driving a VW on FM 1373, and at state HWY 6, failed to yield to a Ford F250 that was traveling on HWY 6, was hit and died on scene. He was only 43 years old. Crazy! Here today and just gone in a blink of an eye.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your friend.

Yeah, it’s a good reminder. I wear earplugs at work and have caught myself just before walking in front of a car twice this week. Those electric cars are quiet and with earplugs they’re pretty much silent. I’ve got to be more careful.

50% of my job is also driving to the next house. I find myself having to actively avoid crashes all the time. That double yellow line doesn’t seem to mean as much as it used to.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Very sad. I know too many people who have died suddenly from car accidents whether they or the other person was at fault. You just never know, which is why to me it is so important to have a Will and everything else in place no matter your age.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss Doc.

I lost all the guys I grew up with to car accidents and Vietnam. I'm the only one left.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16215 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your coworker Q. I know Texas does have some higher road speeds too. When ever I drove in the Lone Star with 18 wheelers, on secondary roads, a lot of the vehicles in opposing traffic would slide to their right a bit. It's as if they feared oncoming traffic. I still have a healthy fear of accidents and many drivers do not. The warm weather is here now and many are raising hell on the road ways. As soon as Friday afternoon comes, the drivers demeanor changes. Nothing but danger. No Law Enforcement at all taking names. It's like they said screw it, I will show up at your accident scene only. No room for mistakes on the road ways.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's terribal Q.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Sobering occurrence for sure. VW vs F250=tonnage rules. God bless loved ones left behind. We’d like to keep you around so glad you have a reminder in mind from this tragedy.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
That sucks……sorry about your coworker….it’s always an eye opening experience when someone you know is taken early

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You know what's even scarier? It's when you are careful but still got smashed by reckless drivers. I've been at the receiving end of such shit at least three times, and was totaled twice. God decided it wasn't yet my time, so I came out uninjured.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
I think this is the Waco Fox 44 News story on the crash:

https://www.fox44news.com/news...in-robertson-county/

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It’s remarkable how fast things become chaos and peril. One minute everything is under control and stable. In a fraction of a second everything is flying around the cabin of your car, the airbags deploy and horror presents itself. It is disturbing to consider and as mentioned, can happen regardless of caution.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29699 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post