SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hawaiian Bros. Island Grill restaurant
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hawaiian Bros. Island Grill restaurant Login/Join 
posted
They will be opening one in North Davenport soon.

Enlighten me as to what we might be expecting please.

The menu on line doesn't appear to be very . . . Calorie conscious friendly.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54646 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
We have one 15 minutes from the house, ate some take out once last year. It was pretty decent, had the Huli chicken, basically teriyaki chicken. Hawaiian lunch plates are high in carbs and calories, consisting of a protein, lots of white rice, and macaroni salad. They also have spam musubi, a large nigiri type of sushi with a slice of spam.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I eat there once in a blue moon and just get a small the Kilauea chicken sans macaroni salad with double rice. The cold macaroni salad is...not my preference. I like it, but the value to not terrific, IMHO.

Posts: 2016 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was stationed in Hawaii in the mid 70's and worked in an office with a PFC who was the last person from the state of Hawaii to be drafted. One day we got to talking about eating and how how the young ladies on the islands were slim and pretty but how as aged they got a "little" plumb shall we say. He said, " LT, you people on the Main Land he until you get full......we eat until we get tired!"

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 727 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
l&l drive-in is another great one from back in days on maui.

https://www.hawaiianbarbecue.com/

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like an EXTREMELY basic Plate Lunch chain for non-island palates. Checking out the menu, it's pretty sterile, too many chicken dishes and not enough pork & seafood; no lau-lau, no lomi salmon, no short-ribs. At least they have Spam musubi and Dole whips

In short, if you like a pile of rice, with some meat and a side of mac salad. A double-starch plate, same as what you could get at Panda Express.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
A couple of jobs, or maybe 25 years ago now, I was working in an office in downtown Portland. There was a Hawaiian restaurant nearby and I went there for lunch occasionally. I don't recall the name of it but it wasn't the one the OP is talking about. But I do remember the food as being really good. Chicken and rice mostly, yeah, but flavored differently than a Chinese or Thai or Teriyaki place.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post