SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Democratic Supreme Court Justice Breyer Plans To Retire Before Midterms
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Democratic Supreme Court Justice Breyer Plans To Retire Before Midterms Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Maybe if they appoint another nitwit nutjob, it’ll scare the shit out of Roberts and Kavanaugh to sit up and fly right, but I tend to think they have photos on Roberts (ala Epstein).

Then again, probably not.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8926 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
As Expected, Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer Will Step Down, Biden Will Likely Nominate Ketanji Brown Jackson

Multiple media reports now affirming that Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer will retire at the end of the current court term [ABC Report – NBC Report] setting up the final step to elevate DC appeals court Judge Kentanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court.

This is exactly what was planned from the appointment of Merrick Garland to U.S. Attorney General. [GO DEEP] As CTH outlined in March 2021, the series of moves was/is predictable. The Obama crew behind Biden have been following a predictable roadmap. Four sequential steps.

In March 2021 Merrick Garland was appointed Attorney General to open his seat in the DC appeals court for Kentanji Brown-Jackson. KBJ’s appointment to that specific court needed senate confirmation. In June 2021 KBJ was confirmed [GO DEEP] with a vote of 53-47. Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski and Lindsey Graham voted with Democrats to support KBJ to the circuit court. Now Breyer steps down and KBJ is nominated to replace him.

“U.S. Appeals Court Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, a former Breyer clerk, public defender and Biden appointee who won three Senate Republican votes in confirmation, is considered a top contender for nomination” ~ABC

As we predicted in March 2021, “this is how they roll” … With Obama’s crew you always have to watch the other hand; the third and fourth moves.

MARCH 2021 – Judge Garland was an important judge on the important DC Circuit Court. Garland’s replacement will be a senate confirmed seat for that court.

Once that replacement is senate confirmed, we anticipate (almost to a certainty) that replacement will be quickly elevated to a Supreme Court nomination to replace Justice Stephen Breyer, now 82-years-old. The senate will have no political ammunition to block or not confirm the radical SCOTUS pick because she will have been confirmed a few months before. It’s a smart play.

Garland himself is too old (69) and too centrist for the interests of the JoeBama ideology; but watch for JoeBama-Biden to move activist DC District Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson (50), twenty years Garland’s junior, into the DC Circuit Appeals Court role.

Despite her known activist ideology, Judge Kentanji Brown-Jackson will likely achieve senate confirmation without issue for the circuit court role. Soon thereafter Supreme Court Justice Stephen Bryer announces his departure, and Judge Brown-Jackson is quickly nominated as Bryer’s replacement.

Having passed senate confirmation recently, activist Judge Kentaji Brown Jackson -a black female who checks all the boxes- is then positioned to avoid senate challenge and will move swiftly through the SCOTUS confirmation process.

It is a typically Obama-esque play. As a standalone nomination for SCOTUS she would be a radical pick; Justice Brown-Jackson is a known activist in the DC District Court; however, with this maneuver she could get through nomination easier and then sit on the highest court for thirty years.

Additionally, Obama’s former White House Homeland Security Advisor, Lisa Monaco, will be Deputy Attorney General supporting Garland. Monaco then becomes the insurance policy to keep an eye-out for the ideological needs of the JoeBama administration and assist with the smart political targeting that will come from the DOJ, FBI and the IRS. (link)

https://theconservativetreehou...tanji-brown-jackson/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24585 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Justice picks are supposed to be Non-Political picks. Interpret the law , the end. Now days they are only Political. The Dems will come with the worst possible pick in order to get even for recent picks.

Posts: 65 | Registered: April 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer, one of the minority of liberal justices on the Court

The idea that there are conservative and liberal justices has always bothered me. Judges are supposed to be impartial, not partisans.

Why would a judge care who's in power, and use that to determine their retirement date? To me that proves that they are unqualified for the position to begin with.

If they are just going to be politicians, why are we appointing them for life? Make them campaign on their judginess and let us vote on them.

Conservative justices follow the Constitution for the most part.

Liberal justices legislate from the bench.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Meh, replacing one lib with another is no huge loss. I don't like it anymore than the rest of you guys, but it's not like we were ever gonna get eight more Clarence Thomases.

The best we can hope for is that Sens. Kennedy and Cruz just flay her in the confirmation hearings.

Posts: 3685 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The Obama loyalists could push for him to be nominated.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
The Obama loyalists could push for him to be nominated.

Why in the world would he want that job? It's a pretty big pay cut. But gawd, would I love to watch Cruz and Kennedy expose him for the mental midget he is wrt Const. law.

Posts: 3685 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Current rumor is that Stephen Breyer was not planning on announcing his retirement today.

That it was forced out by the Biden administration prematurely- and that he is apparently quite upset. This is being reported by Shannon Bream on Fox News right now.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kommiehoe probably wouldn’t want it, knowing that Fingerin’ Joe likely won’t make it this whole term.

Posts: 5234 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
quote:
The idea that there are conservative and liberal justices has always bothered me. Judges are supposed to be impartial, not partisans.

Why would a judge care who's in power, and use that to determine their retirement date? To me that proves that they are unqualified for the position to begin with.

If they are just going to be politicians, why are we appointing them for life? Make them campaign on their judginess and let us vote on them.

Any judge that interprets the constitution from the written words are called "conservative". Dems do the same thing theirs are activist judges.

My guess is they do Garland again to poke Republicans that they finally finished the job. Harris would be scary as a judge, I can see her dissenting opinion now. Hehehehe you know hahahaha.

They will also use the same tactics that the Republicans did under Trump and ram through whoever they desire without contest.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
quote:

Any judge that interprets the constitution from the written words are called "conservative". Dems do the same thing theirs are activist judges.

My guess is they do Garland again to poke Republicans that they finally finished the job. Harris would be scary as a judge, I can see her dissenting opinion now. Hehehehe you know hahahaha.

They will also use the same tactics that the Republicans did under Trump and ram through whoever they desire without contest.

Nope, you're wrong.

Any judge that reads the Constitution as written and uses that as his guideline is Conservative.

Any judge that "interprets" the Constitution is liberal. Why? Because there is no need or reason to "interpret" english to english. You only interpret when going from one language to another.

I've also heard this progressive "interpretation" called reading between the lines, which means a progressive reads something and then tells you what the author really meant, as opposed to what was written. I've only seen this in progressives, not conservatives.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Current rumor is that Stephen Breyer was not planning on announcing his retirement today.

That it was forced out by the Biden administration prematurely- and that he is apparently quite upset. This is being reported by Shannon Bream on Fox News right now.

There is much more to all this than meets the eye.

There are, so far, 29 Dem incumbents in the House not filing to run for their seats again. That is a much bigger danger to the Dems and with voter anger runnning 60/40 against the incumbent party there is the House to lose. Playing games with SCOTUS would only backfire in the votes - if they were tallied accurately.

With two states examining their voting accuracy it's not impossible one could Decert before the mid terms throwing it all into a basket. Wisconsin already went legal with their process.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make no mistake, Joe's selection is likely to be the most misguided, maligned and unqualified person ever nominated to the SCOTUS.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Comment posted by an observer of our times: Remember when the libs chased Sinema into the restroom and harrassed her?

Where's that vote for a Scotus now?

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
Kommiehoe probably wouldn’t want it, knowing that Fingerin’ Joe likely won’t make it this whole term.
She is already on record for saying that she does not seek a SCOTUS position, but thinks that she is more influential in her current role.

Unless Biden appoints a real Progressive nut-job, whomever he appoints will be confirmed, and probably with some GOP support. (After all, with only a majority required for confirmation, it changes nothing to go along.) Both Manchin and Sinema are likely to vote to confirm, unless (again) a truly unqualified person is nominated.

I am not a fan of Justice Breyer, and his views of the Constitution don't agree with mine, but he has always been a person who took his job seriously. I think it was unwise, rude, and distasteful that he was not given the normal right to announce his resignation when and how he wished.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Is anyone else bothered that the left doesn't see people for who they are, just their color and sex. Now starts the crusade to appoint a black female jurist. No concern for anything else, just has to have dark skin and a vigana. Work experience, who cares? Track history, who cares? Case history, who cares? Just got to focus on reproductive organs and melanin, nothing else matters.

The only people in contention for caring about skin color as much as Democrats are white supremacists.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is anyone else bothered that the left doesn't see people for who they are, just their color and sex. Now starts the crusade to appoint a black female jurist. No concern for anything else, just has to have dark skin and a vigana. Work experience, who cares? Track history, who cares? Case history, who cares? Just got to focus on reproductive organs and melanin, nothing else matters.

The only people in contention for caring about skin color as much as Democrats are white supremacists.

As I heard it was the black cue ball Pressley that is demanding a black female only to be nominated.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Regarding Biden's promise to nominate a Black female, Martha MacCallum today opined that it is an injustice to whomever is nominated that such a promise had been made--assuming a Black female Justice is nominated and confirmed, the idea that her color and sex were the primary criteria, not her qualifications, will exist forever. I believe Martha is right.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Black female replacement named in 3... 2... 1... (,)La? Roll Eyes

Anita Hill? Roll Eyes

That is funny right there, I don't care who you are.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53242 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post