SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    GOA or SAF?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GOA or SAF? Login/Join 
posted
Already NRA life member and thinking of adding either GOA or SAF. Any preference for one or the other and if so, why? Thanks for any recommendations.

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
GOA.

Why? After a long month of doing gun shows at gun rights tables and helping concealed carry courses all on my own time, fucking SAF sends me a letter that says "payment due" for them supporting gun rights because I haven't done shit.

The weasel-ass bowtie motherfucker running SAF pulled some sell out shit after Sandy Hook, IIRC. I have enough sellout shit in my state with Sen Graham.

GOA don't sell out. GOA appreciates what we do.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'm lifer of all three.
I'd rank NRA > GOA > SAF.

Q

Posts: 26374 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Patron NRA and Life GOA

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I would say SAF.

They have been behind all the big legal opinions that have mattered recently.

They file lawsuits that bring things to a head in states and at the federal level. NRA and GOA fight in the legislatures which is important, but SAF is fighting to set legal precedents.

HK Ag

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I'm lifer of all three.
I'd rank NRA > GOA > SAF.

Missing TSRA!
TSRA is getting it done in Austin for you right now. Every two years.

Annual meeting in Houston in 2018, hope to meet you there.

HK Ag

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post