SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help Needed, Identify This Connector!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help Needed, Identify This Connector! Login/Join 
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted
I would like to set up a spare battery for my son’s Sea Scooter. I need a pair of these connectors. There are no identifying letters or numbers. Thanks!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
http://www.seascooterexpress.com/store/product68.html

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply, but the link you posted is for the older (white) style of connector. The new style is not available at that website.

I did find the connector with attached leads at another site but they want $20.00 dollars each. That’s forty bucks for two connectors and a foot of wire.

I could order a complete lead acid battery assembly, but I want to try a lithium ion battery instead.

I’d like to find just the connectors if possible.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
I'd replace it all with powerpole connectors. Something like this: https://www.andersonpower.com/...embly-bonded-kr.html

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
At the other end of that wire, does it attach to the battery with eyelets? Can you just use the old connector/wires on the new battery?
Otherwise just do a search and there are lots of them. They may just cost that much due to being that brand so the other option is to get a different brand with the correct amp rating.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
The ends are soldered to the battery and to the sea scooter internally. I could change all of the connectors to a readily available part but I prefer not to as my son's best friend has the same model and they can share batteries.

On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Are you able to locate what you need here?

https://shop.sea-doo.com/us/en/shop/sales/parts/

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post