SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Perfect song to help a father cope with divorce
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perfect song to help a father cope with divorce Login/Join 
posted
For some reason I felt compelled to write this. Several, several years ago I was going through a divorce. It was needed. My now ex wife and I were both unhappy and definitely in a bad place. The best thing to come out of that marriage was my beautiful daughter. I divorced her mother when she was nine. Being away from her killed me. I called her every night at bedtime and cherished every moment that we spent together. But how do you explain a divorce to a nine year old. As my daughter grew, she became very musical. I found this song by Kenny Loggins " The Real Thing". It was a song he had written to help he and his daughter through a divorce. I played it for her. We listened together, we both cried and then we talked. She was about 11 or 12 at the time. The song helped her understand and brought us closer. Now my beautiful daughter is 21, has a life of her own and I am a very proud father. I also found my true love and perfect soulmate and have been happily married for 8 wonderful years.
I heard this on the radio today and thought I would leave it here so maybe it could help another father and child the way it helped me and my daughter.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike4011,

I would rather regret the things that I have done than regret the things I have not done.

Posts: 503 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post