SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Haunting photo from Aleppo described as a novel in one shot
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Haunting photo from Aleppo described as a novel in one shot Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I see the remnants of an ancient world separated from the civilized world not only by distance, but by a millenia old culture that promotes nothing but hatred and pain, and knows little more than fighting and killing, most of which is born by their own people.

That said, I still feel no need or responsibility what so ever for the US to involve itself in any way in this mess. Tragic...Yes. Our problem to solve...No.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Came across a story atJalopnik about this man and his cars.

Excerpt from article:

quote:
Syrian car collector and enthusiast Mohammed Mohiedin Anis fled his home city of Aleppo last year when the battle for the city intensified as government forces pushed out rebel fighters. He returned this year to find his home and his collection of 30 classic cars in ruins.

The 70-year-old’s collection featured dozens of classics from the 1940s and 1950s, and before the Syrian Civil War, Anis had dreamed of opening a Syrian car museum of his collection, according to Ruptly TV.

Upon returning to his home after the ceasefire ended the battle for Aleppo late last year, Anis discovered only 13 of his cars remained at the house. Another seven cars had been impounded by police at some point, and the remaining 10 were either destroyed or missing, according to photographer Joseph Eid in an interview with Buzzfeed for his now-viral photo of Anis listening to a record player in his destroyed home.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I feel bad for the good people caught there.

I feel nothing but disdain for the death cult of radical islam, that permeates so much of that part of the world.

We should do everything in our power to keep adherents of that culture out of our country.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post