SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    TXTL-60 High Security Safe
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TXTL-60 High Security Safe Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted
You don't/won't see too many of these, so I figured I would post it for those who wanted to see how much like a regular safe one of these guys looks. There were only a few of these made (I was told 2 to be exact), and in today's dollars cost the original owner a hair over $60,000. Despite it being "the same size" as other high security safes, this one weighs in at just over 8,500 pounds.

Designed to keep bad guys with hand tools, power tools, pressure applying devices, oxy-arc/cutting torches, and explosives out for a full hour.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15846 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
And now it's part of your collection? Cool

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
And now it's part of your collection? Cool

Naw, that's where he keeps his lunch.

Posts: 4758 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently was at a place just outside of Raleigh, NC called Talton's Safes. It's really cool going to a place that has actual "safes" and other such cool things. The one in your photo is truly a beast.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
What is that monstrous column behind your left shoulder for?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5200 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:

That's the entrance to the 10mm room... Wink

All kidding aside, that is an amazing statistic- explosives rating for the safe.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
How much would a used safe like that go for today?

Posts: 3247 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Great karma, thank you.

Posts: 11616 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:

Looks like the swing side if a huge safe door. It's so bg and heavy it has eye loops for the crane to pick it up.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5794 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Jewelry shop? Banks never seem to bother with a TXTL, let alone a -60 rated safe. On the other hand thank God, I would hate to have to defeat any TL-60 rated safe when someone lost the combo, or slammed it shut and whipped the dial around breaking something. Need to send the pict to my guy in Nashville.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
And now it's part of your collection?

I don't know why I can't collect normal stuff that can sit on a shelf like everybody else. Wink

quote:

Ugeesta got it. It's the side of a vault door. The part you're seeing is the side that's buried in the wall once installed.

quote:
How much would a used safe like that go for today?

That's a great question. I know the company that had the other known version of this safe, although a smaller size. I do not know what they sold theirs for, but they claimed it would be insurable for $10,000,000 in contents. They still have a safe with the same rating from a different manufacturer, similar in age, and still a bit smaller. I don't know if they'll get what they are asking, but it's a lot.

Certainly not a high demand item, but when somebody really wants one there aren't many to choose from.

quote:
Jewelry shop?

The original owner was a jewelry buyer who was self insured and had just suffered a $1,000,000+ burglary in the 1980s.

quote:
On the other hand thank God, I would hate to have to defeat any TL-60 rated safe when someone lost the combo, or slammed it shut and whipped the dial around breaking something.

What do you think I was doing up until 2:47 AM posting pictures of this safe from hell? Big Grin

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15846 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
What is it in me that makes me want that safe? The safe would be worth more than anything I could put inside of it but I still want it.

Posts: 4222 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Everyone collects something. Might as well be something of value as not. Although not the portable property of Wemmick's definition, its all relative. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wemmick

Working in shabby areas of Philly which used to be vibrant business and manufacturing areas, I always wanted to collect the stone features incorporated into so many buildings. Back when your building truly projected wealth, power, and importance.

I saw some guys hurriedly removing the columns and a stone portico roof on a Sunday, outside an 1800s brewery building slated for demolition. Making the effort to save history from the landfill. This was about 15 years ago.

My collection of c. 1840 marble sills lines the garden perimeter. And a marble step is a column upon which the cat uses as a midway jump to a brick walk (also old materials).

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post