SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    U.S. Army to conduct unconventional warfare exercise
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Army to conduct unconventional warfare exercise Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Why is there talk of conspiracy and tin hats ?

I am the OP. Read the article. It just describes the exercise and mentions it has been held for almost 50 years.

Posts: 19608 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I think perhaps between what folks said happened on drudge plus perhaps conflating with the creation of the federal domestic terrorism unit which is super alarming.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Why is there talk of conspiracy and tin hats ?

I am the OP. Read the article. It just describes the exercise and mentions it has been held for almost 50 years.

Because it eventually lands up with someone from the "tinfoil hat" society saying something about how the US Military is coming to get us, and toss us into "those FEMA camps"...

There was a larger scale operation out west, I can't remember the name... Same idea as Robin Sage. It was posted here on the good old Sig Forum. It went to full on tinfoil suit (not just helmet) pretty quick. It was quite funny and sad at the same time.

There was an article from FOX I looked at early this morning (not the one you originally posted) that was borderline "conspiracy theory", alluding to the "suspicious timing" with the Dems passing some law and Covid... I wanted to puke.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8369 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
The exercise that broke some people's minds was Jade Helm.

quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
There was a larger scale operation out west, I can't remember the name... Same idea as Robin Sage. It was posted here on the good old Sig Forum. It went to full on tinfoil suit (not just helmet) pretty quick. It was quite funny and sad at the same time.

There was an article from FOX I looked at early this morning (not the one you originally posted) that was borderline "conspiracy theory", alluding to the "suspicious timing" with the Dems passing some law and Covid... I wanted to puke.

Posts: 7076 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
An earlier version.

https://www.thetowntalk.com/st...-maneuvers/87575988/

Posts: 9557 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post