SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A request for help: a fundraiser in honor of Abigail
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A request for help: a fundraiser in honor of Abigail Login/Join 
Team Apathy
posted
Hello all,

The following is being posted with permission from The Boss. Thank you again for that permission, Para.

Some of you may remember a post I made about not knowing what to say how or how to help my brother. You see, his wife was pregnant and they had just discovered that the precious life growing inside suffered from anencephaly and, at best, would live a few hours. Little Abigail was born at 28 weeks and didn’t make it through the birthing process.

Throughout this terrible ordeal I’ve been completely flabbergasted and inspired by how my brother and sister-in-law are dealing with this. They are a remarkable couple with strength I can’t imagine. My sister-in-law, Sarah, is now trying to repay some of the assistance they have had on their journey to others that are now having to start down this road that they find themselves traveling. I’ll let her speak for herself, at this point.

quote:
Dear Friends,
As many of you know, in June, our daughter, Abigail Eve, was diagnosed with anencephaly following our 20 week anatomy ultrasound. The prognosis we were given was that if she survived to full term, her life expectancy would be minutes to hours at most.
We chose to carry her because of our faith in God and in celebration of her life. God’s faithfulness and kindness to us were overwhelming during the next two months. He connected us to others with similar experiences, raised up an army of prayer warriors, allowed us to locate a local photographer willing to document our daughter’s life, and surrounded us with the truth of his Word.
On August 4th, when my water broke at 28 weeks, we knew it was time for Abigail to be born. My own doctor was on-call all weekend and my nurse was the sister of a friend with a similar experience Abigail arrived in heaven just before we held her in our arms on August 5th. We were in awe of God’s fingerprints on every detail of her delivery.
We have known days of grief and delighted in the opportunity we had to carry and care for Abigail.
Since her delivery, we’ve desired to use Abigail’s life and story to bring glory to God and to support others who come to this same place. God has put an opportunity before me in order to accomplish both.
I recently received a “hope box” through an organization called Hope Mommies. This organization points bereaved parents to God and the truth of His Word. It has an online support community through a blog and Facebook groups. The other part of their ministry is sending “hope boxes” to hospitals for parents experiencing loss. All four of our local hospitals (Doctors, Memorial, Kaiser, and Emmanuel) are excited to receive these boxes in order to give to their grieving patients. Also, Allen’s Mortuary is excited to pass them out as well. Allen’s provides funeral and crematory services free of charge for the death of a child. They said on average this occurs 5-10 times a month.
The boxes cost $45 and contain the following items:
Bible, Journal, Questions about Heaven booklet, Anchored Bible Study (specific for grieving the loss of a child), Scripture bookmarks, Hope Mommies Organization information, Bracelet, handprint and footprint cards, candle, tea, bath bomb, lipbalm, and lotion (These items are placed in a decorative photo box.)
Since five places are enthusiastic to bless families with these boxes, my goal is to raise money for 50 boxes. Once the funds are raised (I don't know how long this will take), Hope Mommies will ship the items to me and I will gather local moms who have experienced the death of a child. We will assemble these boxes together and distribute them. I am asking you first to pray about the ministry and impact these boxes will have on those who are hurting. Second, if you would like to financially support this ministry, you can do so here:

https://hopemommies.org/box-ga.../give-to-a-gathering

Please make sure to choose
“Hosted by: Sarah Maze”
in the first box. All financial contributions are tax deductable. Thank you for your prayers! I am excited to be a part of this ministry and look forward to what God has planned through it. You are welcome to invite others to view this event who may be interested in praying and/or supporting this ministry.

Sarah

I’d really love to get her to the goal. They have raised about $350 towards their goal among family and friends on Facebook in the past month. If we can, I’d love to bring this home for her, for my brother, and for Abigail.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: thumperfbc,

Posts: 6367 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
email sent

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
email sent

Responded, and thank you.

Posts: 6367 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting Sarah's letter. I just bought a box to honor Abigail. Our prayers for Sarah, your Brother and baby Abigail.

Rick

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 173 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Wow, that was hard to read, but thank you for posting it. The link to contribute did not work for me. Any suggestions?
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
Wow, that was hard to read, but thank you for posting it. The link to contribute did not work for me. Any suggestions?
Rod

Thank you for letting me know: let’s try this one:

It should produce a page with a drop down box where you can find “Sarah Maze - Turlock, CA”

Thank you!

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RETTOP:
Thank you for posting Sarah's letter. I just bought a box to honor Abigail. Our prayers for Sarah, your Brother and baby Abigail.

Rick

Thank you Rick.

Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
We have a winner! Thank you.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:

It should produce a page with a drop down box where you can find “Sarah Maze - Turlock, CA”

Thank you!

You should consider editing your OP to correct the link to make it into a working link as well.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19665 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:

Thank you!

You should consider editing your OP to correct the link to make it into a working link as well.

Great point. I’ve done that now. Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
We have a winner! Thank you.
Rod

Thank you, Rod.

Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing this. A worthwhile cause I’m happy to support. This hit me on a personal level. I pray that your family continues to find peace.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
Thank you for sharing this. A worthwhile cause I’m happy to support. This hit me on a personal level. I pray that your family continues to find peace.

Thank you, P.

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Morning bump... thank you all.

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
For the Saturday afternoon crowd...

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I couldn't pay for a whole box; I did what I could to participate.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19665 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I couldn't pay for a whole box; I did what I could to participate.

Every little bit is a blessing. Thank you very much.

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Hi all, just a little note to say thank you. When I posted this request about a week ago there was $350 raised. Since then an additional $1670 has been donated and we are only $230 away from the goal! Thank you so much for your generous spirit! We all know that this is the best place on the Internet!

Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Mike, here's a bump and some more help for the cause. God Bless.

Posts: 5200 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post