SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for outdoor battery/solar camera suggestions please…
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for outdoor battery/solar camera suggestions please… Login/Join 
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted
So Ive got a couple of Nest Cameras outside which were easy to mount and power. Now I’ve got a few more areas that require attention. I don’t want to drill through my house to power them so I’m looking for suggestions. Battery powered with solar charging preferred as I don’t want to be on a ladder changing batteries every 6 months. A motion detector light would be helpful I suppose but the area already has some lighting. Finally, Cloud storage would be nice but not necessary because if there was ever an event I could always just pull the memory card, and I dont want to pay an annual subscription as I do with the Nest. Tall order, I know, but if anyone knows its this group. Thanks guys.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Blink can fill your requirements

I bought the 4 camera set up from Costco and have added a couple more. No subscription needed, a thumb drive in the control module handles the memory. They do have solar powered options, doorbells and security lights

Very easy set up

https://www.amazon.com/stores/...UpkN8JRoC3QoQAvD_BwE

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Reolink is what I use. The outdoor ones are all solar powered and on WiFi. They've been up for over 4 years at this point and still going strong.

They send a notification to my cell phone whenever they detect motion and are continuously recording video.

https://www.amazon.com/REOLINK...TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
What Flash posted is what I used. Remote area with no power or internet at the time. Was having some minor property damage on an old abandoned building.
Stopped by one day and the cameras were gone off of the building. Started looking around, found the batteries, and broken mounts, then eventually one camera!.
Sure enough, the little SD card was still in it. Played the video back and caught three local kids knocking the camera down.
I will definitely buy them again but secure them with a strap so they can not fall to the ground. These were mounted 15' feet or so, If they had straps the kids could not reach them without a ladder, excellent camera, very well built.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
BigSwede, Do you need internet to operate these or will they run on cell service.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. The Reolink got the nod.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post