SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    apparently people can now leave spam voicemail on cell phones without calling?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

apparently people can now leave spam voicemail on cell phones without calling? Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted
I just looked at my phone and there was a voicemail. I never heard it ring so I checked to see if I missed a call.
Nope no missed call.
The message was from a person who is looking to buy homes in the area I live in. Quick closings and cash paid.
Is this something new? It is bad enough with the spam text messages but they at least alert my phone. Now it's voicemails?
Anyone else have this happen to them?

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2572 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
I have noticed the same thing lately

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The bastards have found another way to annoy us. Everything from voter shit, blow jobs, to loans. My blocker does not detect them.

Awake not woke

Posts: 567 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Since phone companies started flagging numbers as "spam risk", the callers have moved to other tactics.

Yes, through your voice mail you can send a direct voicemail to another number, similar to a text, but with voice.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
There’s a number of ways this can happen.

One method allows you to leave a voicemail on someone’s cellphone without speaking to them at all. It goes direct.

It’s called “Slydial”. (Slydial is a service of MobileSphere). Doesn’t cost anything to use, other than listening to a commercial.

Slydial link

It’s been around quite a while.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Bastards from AT&T drops one a week on Mrs. Tinymans cell and says to call 1-800 ljnouvlhdq;

Getting tired of it but.

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tinyman:
Bastards from AT&T drops one a week on Mrs. Tinymans cell and says to call 1-800 ljnouvlhdq;

Getting tired of it but.

Is it about a special deal on directv? I get at least one or two a day. Scammers from India.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:

One method allows you to leave a voicemail on someone’s cellphone without speaking to them at all. It goes direct.

It’s called “Slydial”. (Slydial is a service of MobileSphere). Doesn’t cost anything to use, other than listening to a commercial.

Slydial link

At one point a few years ago, SlyDial was a very valuable tool for me.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This has happened to me quite some time ago.... hasn't happened lately.

Get all kinds of 'out of area numbers' calling who never leave messages.

Most of the time, my phone is on silent. Unless, I'm waiting for a call back.
Family and friends are in the favorites, so they will always ring through.

Spam texts...
Spam faxes...

What's real nice is the occasional VM from a spam number, which can't be looked at by visual mail.
You can only delete it, to allow your message system to work again.

Telemarketers have ruin the damn phone system!

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
quote:
Originally posted by Tinyman:

Getting tired of it but.

Is it about a special deal on directv? I get at least one or two a day. Scammers from India.

Same here but fortunately for me not that often - They insinuate that it is an official AT&T call in the message they leave.

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3925 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:

Slydial link

At one point a few years ago, SlyDial was a very valuable tool for me.

Heh. Me also.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post