SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I want a new app.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want a new app. Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted
I want an app that makes siri sound like Foster Brooks. Also, it makes my voice sound like Foster brooks to the person I'm calling. Okay, get busy you techie geek types.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29681 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The best we can do is Snoop Dog.

Posts: 107465 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
One that won’t make me mad,
Or make me sound so high…

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8342 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
About 10 years ago I was looking to buy a new GPS for my car trips.

I looked on Amazon and found quite a few that you could change the voices to different accents, tones, etc.

One of those optional voices was Mr T. You remember Mr T from the tv show The A Team, right?

How would you like to hear this? Mr T voice" You fool! You messed up and missed your turn. Now I gotta recalculate things! You fool! or: I pity the fool that has to ride with you!

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I had to go surfing to learn who Foster Brooks was. Here's what I found:

Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13483 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^ Foster Brooks was a gem. ^^^^^^

That reminds me of a couple others from that era.

Paul Paulsen was a hilarious deadpan comedian and was also on the Smothers Brothers TV Show. I recommend you search for Pat Paulsen on YouTube. His deadpan deliveries on announcing his running for President of the USA are hysterical.

Hudson & Landry made me laugh so much my sides would hurt and tears rolling out of my eyes. They did Ajax Mortuary, Ajax Liquor Store, and many more. See them on YouTube.

It was nice to see and hear good comedians who didn't have to F-Bomb every other word, Ho's and such.

My apologies to the OP for derailing the topic Big Grin

Here is Ajax Airlines:

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
^^^^^^^^^ Foster Brooks was a gem. ^^^^^^

That reminds me of a couple others from that era.

Paul Paulsen was a hilarious deadpan comedian and was also on the Smothers Brothers TV Show. I recommend you search for Pat Paulsen on YouTube. His deadpan deliveries on announcing his running for President of the USA are hysterical.

Hudson & Landry made me laugh so much my sides would hurt and tears rolling out of my eyes. They did Ajax Mortuary, Ajax Liquor Store, and many more. See them on YouTube.

It was nice to see and hear good comedians who didn't have to F-Bomb every other word, Ho's and such.

My apologies to the OP for derailing the topic Big Grin

Here is Ajax Airlines:

Remember this album of theirs?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
One that won’t make me mad,
Or make me sound so high…
So, I'm not the only one with that song stuck in my head now? Big Grin

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
So, I'm not the only one with that song stuck in my head now? Big Grin

Nope! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13483 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
My neighbor changed Siri’s voice to Male & Irish. She’s odd for a Latin. Big Grin

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
FWIW Foster Brooks was a teetotaler...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
My neighbor changed Siri’s voice to Male & Irish. She’s odd for a Latin. Big Grin
Mine is set to female Australian. I pretend I'm talking to Yvonne Strahovski. Big Grin

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
Peter Lorre's voice on Siri or a Nav system would be a hoot. Or Ren Hoek. But I repeat myself...

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
During the 1990s, I was commuting weekly to a contract job in Raleigh NC, home (Orlando area) for the weekend, then back to Raleigh for the work week.

Sunday evenings, on the northbound trip, my route took me over Florence SC. There was an Air Traffic Controller who worked Florence Approach Control. She sounded just like Dolly Parton. I fell in love every week, when she talked to me. Wink

If my hearing still worked, it would be great to have her voice for Siri.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post