SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another Successful Craigslist Transaction
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Successful Craigslist Transaction Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Glad your transaction went well. I guess I'm a pessimist as the first thing that popped in my head when seeing your title was the Florida father beaten and shot dead in front of his children after answering a Facebook ad offering a free puppy.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23660 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Dammit PHPaul, she must be an incredible woman.

Making a man sell his wood burning device and lot of wood is about as far as you can push a man.

This reminds me of Al Pacino in the Godfather telling his wife. "I will allow you ask me this one question about family business"!

Having said that my wood stoves are not in the primary house. We have a pellet stove and have had for about 20 years. I do have woodstoves and firewood though Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19709 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
What's a SWMBO?

Ever heard of Google?

Such a fucking douche response Roll Eyes
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm an engineer so I'm predisposed towards efficiency and shortcuts.

On the efficiency side, it's actually less typing for RAMIUS to type SWMBO into his browser than what he wrote. As a bonus, nobody has to type a response, and that course of action eliminates an off-topic tangent from a thread. IMO, a win-win-win.

On the shortcut side (even more efficient) I'm not sure about other people's browsers, but my iphone, my MacBook, and my work PC all have a zero typing search option. Highlight a word, choose look-up/search on the pop-up menu, and a new tab opens with the search results.

I understand the counterargument that as a community we don't want posts like walker77's because we don't want to make people afraid to post.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23660 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
"Downeast Maine". Is that near Portland? We are at a wood fired flatbread pizza place on the harbor there a couple of weeks ago.

Nope, that's "Southern Maine". I'm 4 hours Northeast of Portland and about 70 miles from the Canadian border with New Brunswick.

According to local definitions, "Downeast" starts at the Eastern shore of Frenchman Bay and extends to the border. It's Northern limits are somewhat nebulous, but for arguments sake we'll use the Northern limit of Maine's two Eastern-most counties, Hancock and Washington.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15492 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My wife is a member of the Facebook cult, and there is a "marketplace" on it that she has bought and sold a few things on it. There are restrictions, like CL, but firewood isn't on the list. I would think that crooks would avoid the registration and data mining and stay off the radar there.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15791 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I don't have a dog in this fight, but

Neither do I, but it saved me from looking it up. Wink Big Grin

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
In other news, people still write checks.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2872 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I bought some records from a dude tonight. I may have over prepped by bringing my p32 in pocket, p07 iwb, and an mp5 in the front seat, but, hey, you never know.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post