SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Liberals ID
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Liberals ID Login/Join 
posted
So I was reading a headline about liberals working diligently to turn America into a communist state and I began wondering if we should stop calling them liberals and just call them communists? Liberals makes them seem like they are still for democracy just a different form however I do believe they are steering this ship straight for the hammer and sickle. Am I taking crazy pills? Would they even refute this claim?

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
They wouldn't fight you about it, so yea, that's about right.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8682 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Leftists. Not liberals.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Doesn't matter, they've been in charge of the schools so long, the word communist doesn't mean anything to most that hear it.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I started out calling them liberals but changed to ‘progressives’ which is actually counter intuitive. Then switched to libtards. And now I think I call them regressives.

If communism is so good why do they come here to the US? Why not just go to an existing communist country.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhtagmember,

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Fascist works too. They love that one.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
"I'd kill a communist for fun, but for that Covid card chit, I gonna carve him up real nice."

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
'Liberal' was camouflage.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
The most descriptive term for the current ideology of the American left is Marxism.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're Leftists

If they were liberals, they'd be open to varied discourse and free flow of commerce.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Sigh. No matter what you call them, their ideology still sucks sphincter. Frown

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Dictionary definition of liberal:

quote:
adjective
favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.

(often initial capital letter) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.

of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism, especially the freedom of the individual and governmental guarantees of individual rights and liberties.

favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.

noun
a person of liberal principles or views, especially in politics or religion.
(often initial capital letter) a member of a liberal party in politics, especially of the Liberal party in Great Britain.

These people are anything but, and we should stop calling them that, as well as progressives, which also implies something positive. This "cancel culture" reminds me of the Chinese Cultural Revolution and Mao's Red Guards.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Careful. Due too the current education system, most lefties will say, "Communism isn't a bad system. It's just never been fully implemented."

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
There’s nothing liberal about them. Libertine perhaps with Fascist politics... Bit like NAZIs but they like gays...

Posts: 5736 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Leftist, but whatever the nomenclature, I think most folks here understand what we are dealing with...I don't think the general public has much of a clue.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never liked Bush HW calling leftists "liberals".

Classical liberalism is the basis of our country, DoI, and Constitution. Most of us here would qualify as Libertarians. We are conservative in the sense that we want to preserve the liberalism that founded our country.

The far left are Commies or Marxists, pure and simple. They do not believe in liberalism - free speech, individual liberty, individual rights, etc. They are collectivists.

It is amazing to me that the ideas of Karl Marx, written in a few books, have cause more bloodshed in the past 100-odd years than any ideology in the history of the world. If any books should be banned as "dangerous" and "subversive" it is Marx's books. But we don't believe in banning books or idea...

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
So I was reading a headline about liberals working diligently to turn America into a communist state and I began wondering if we should stop calling them liberals and just call them communists? Liberals makes them seem like they are still for democracy just a different form however I do believe they are steering this ship straight for the hammer and sickle. Am I taking crazy pills? Would they even refute this claim?

Yup, I’ve been calling them commies for years. Before it was cool. Though it’s important to understand that most of them only know of Marxism from their college professors and the books they’ve read. Most have no idea what it would be like to actually live in a real communist country. So, I think the correct term for them is Pinko Commie.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
You guys are really behind the times. Isn't the latest PC buzzword for them "Progressives"? *S*

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
You guys are really behind the times. Isn't the latest PC buzzword for them "Progressives"? *S*

No. Progressives or Secular Progressives was about 10-15 years ago.

If there actually is a current buzzword it would be "woke" or the "woke crowd," but calling them the left or just democrats just about covers them all. Because honestly, are there really any "good" democrats anymore? No. To be a democrat is to support far left, anti-American policies.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
No such thing as a good democrat.

The last good democrat was Harry Truman.

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post