SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The N-Word & Wokeness In Power - American Conservative article
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The N-Word & Wokeness In Power - American Conservative article Login/Join 
posted
A discussion of two separate incidents one involving a drunk country music star and the other a long-time NYT reporter who, as far as I can tell, did absolutely nothing wrong.

https://www.theamericanconserv...d-wokeness-in-power/

I was also surprised to learn that quoting MLK speeches verbatim will now get you "cancelled"

Lots of hurt feelz result in their demise.

The question posed at the end:

"Who actually wins if Morgan Wallen and Donald G. McNeil, Jr., go down here? Will America be a less racist place, one where people are reconciled, and live in respect for each other? Or will the merciless standards — including double standards — of the Woke drive us closer to violent conflict?

Posts: 778 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Let me know when it's bad for blacks to use the "N" word....then we can hold a conversation about whether or not people should be getting their careers killed because of it. Didn't like the word in the past, but their blatant use of it and many other derogatory terms towards whites have changed my mind. I reserve it for those folks that truly are deserving. FUCK 'EM!

Posts: 2835 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
What ever happened to “sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me"? We teach that shit to kids. Now we have a whole country of people who are offended, and victims of hearing a word.

To say I find this shit unbelievable doesn’t really convey my feelings. I just don’t know the word for unbelievable x 1000.

We live in a nation of pussies.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
And exactly why rap “music” is absolute trash.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34139 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate it we were not allowed to say that word, dad would give us a crack so we learned not to use it. Us boys were fast learners!

The world has changed so much, I’d just as soon be left alone.

Posts: 5769 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Rap music is an oxymoron.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
The left has been preaching and indoctrinating that words are violence for years, as a preamble to this current assault on the First Amendment.

Edit: selectively enforced assault on the 1st Amendment...Conservatives are incapable of being forgiven in their world, and must be canceled. Liberals are given pass after pass after pass (Justin Trudeau, VA Gov Blackface Baby Murderer)

quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
What ever happened to “sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me"? We teach that shit to kids. Now we have a whole country of people who are offended, and victims of hearing a word.

To say I find this shit unbelievable doesn’t really convey my feelings. I just don’t know the word for unbelievable x 1000.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris Rock nailed it

https://youtu.be/f3PJF0YE-x4

Posts: 778 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:

Rap music is spelled wrong. They left out a ‘c’

It’s actually crap and not music at all.

Posts: 53234 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

It’s actually crap and not music at all.[/QUOTE

I would disagree a little with that. I would say that 80% of rap is crap. Particularly the gangsta rap. However my daughters have exposed me to some rap music that is actually very good with positive messages.

And yes I find it ridiculous that black people can use the word any time they like but anybody else has their career ended for the same thing. If that is not the definition of racism I don't know what is.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

It’s actually crap and not music at all.[/QUOTE

I would disagree a little with that. I would say that 80% of rap is crap. Particularly the gangsta rap. However my daughters have exposed me to some rap music that is actually very good with positive messages.

And yes I find it ridiculous that black people can use the word any time they like but anybody else has their career ended for the same thing. If that is not the definition of racism I don't know what is.

NF???

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25448 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:

I was also surprised to learn that quoting MLK speeches verbatim will now get you "cancelled"

It's not surprising and I believe that "cancelling" MLK's words works for those who oppose his stand on the issue of EQUALITY, isn't coincidental. For a number of reasons, the Left doesn't want him to be relevant.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10209 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Companies may be able to cancel Wallen but it seems the people are speaking. His album sales have more than quadrupled since being cancelled.

https://www.billboard.com/arti...ales-up-racial-slur/

Posts: 5426 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
The question posed at the end:

"... will the merciless standards — including double standards — of the Woke drive us closer to violent conflict?

I don't know about "violent conflict," but I do know I'm more bigoted today than I was in the past. I attribute that solely to BLM and the entire "woke" movement.

Let me be clear: I'm not bigoted toward individuals based on any particular physical characteristics. I assume everybody's ok by default. But what I have done is turned entirely off to any and all stories, testimonies, complaints, what-have-you, related to racism, bigotry, sexism, name-your-ism-or-phobia. The instant I start seeing or hearing some tale of woe, offense, what-have-you related to how somebody or some demographic getting a raw deal because of whatever I just tune right out.

I simply no longer have any empathy or sympathy for any individual or group that claims <whatever> based upon their <whatever>.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The TV Commercials are especially galling to me. I recently saw one promoting mask wearing that showed people of many different races. Except white men.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16124 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ensigmatic, thank you. Exactly how I feel. Left to my own devices, I’d be ok. I just don’t care anymore, I guess I cared enough to reply to shared views.

Posts: 5769 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

BC, that has been a question and concern I've had for years. A word only hurts if you let it. Of course, if that word causes other actions it's a different matter.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

Rap music is an oxymoron.
At best, rap is "choric speech", not music. There is no melody, and melody is one of the basic elements of music.

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The TV Commercials are especially galling to me. I recently saw one promoting mask wearing that showed people of many different races. Except white men.
Have you noticed that the Charmin cartoon bears have changed from Republican to Democrat (went from red to blue)?

flashguy

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
The instant I start seeing or hearing some tale of woe, offense, what-have-you related to how somebody or some demographic getting a raw deal because of whatever I just tune right out.

That response is a rational reaction to collectivism, and I wish a voting majority shared that trait.

Posts: 15037 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post