SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Microwave Suggestions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Microwave Suggestions? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
So my microwave has a random hole inside it on the top of it. Right about the size of a pencil. No clue how it got there but I guess I need to replace it.

It's one of the cabinet mounted ones that has the vent to the exterior. Any suggestions?

Freaking things warranty just went out exactly 1 week ago. 3 year warranty.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8920 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
So my microwave has a random hole inside it on the top of it. Right about the size of a pencil. No clue how it got there but I guess I need to replace it.

It's one of the cabinet mounted ones that has the vent to the exterior. Any suggestions?

Freaking things warranty just went out exactly 1 week ago. 3 year warranty.
On the lower-cost end of the spectrum, we had a Whirlpool that was pretty basic, gave excellent service for fifteen years, maybe more. We would still have it, if there had not been a user-induced incident that involved fire extinguishers, absolutely not the appliance's fault. Went to replace it, unfortunately that model was out of production, so got the closest thing to it in the Whirlpool product line, and it's just fine.

When we bought the current one, it was on sale at Lowe's, and got the Veteran Discount, as well. Not in stock, the sales guy quoted fifty-seven dollars for delivery to the store with customer pick-up at the store. Nope. Went home, looked at the website, found same unit, same price, from Lowe's with FREE home delivery. Ordered it. Lowe's contractor managed to totally fuck up the delivery. I bitched at Lowe's customer service, they re-delivered and threw in a $100 discount because their contract delivery guys' mistake, so the microwave was almost free.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Replace it with an air fryer/oven. I got rid of mine years ago and do not miss it. I also do not heat up food in plastic. Personally I think there are health implications but to each his own.

Posts: 4217 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post