SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Failure to penetrate (NSF squeamish stomach maybe)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Failure to penetrate (NSF squeamish stomach maybe) Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Corpsman would be, "take some Motrin and hydrate"

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11309 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
This what happens when you carry a .380.

The article says it's a .45....

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
This what happens when you carry a .380.

The article says it's a .45....

The article writer is no expert. He comments that "it appears to be a .45acp"...
And then goes on to explain that"
quote:
I vaguely recall a story about criminals policing up brass after a shooting, whether it was by the police or criminals, and they use the brass to reload ammo. If this were true then it is conceivable that Rodrigo may have been one lucky guy to have been shot by a shoddy reload.

It does look like a nice mushroom going on under the skin.

Posts: 7383 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
^^carries a .45 Wink

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
That's surely gonna leave a mark.

Posts: 3473 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Maybe dude has a metal plate there

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6327 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

+1. Motrin and rub some dirt on it.

Posts: 10761 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Manfred Von Richoften (The Red Baron) took a .303 to the noggin and survived.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16132 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Lookin' at it, its a startin' to leak a little. Better leave it right where it is. You go and do somethin' stupid like pullin' it out, you'll have blood everywhere. Then who's gonna clean up that mess?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2919 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
that's just cool.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell, that ain't nothin! A friend of my Dad in the Navy, took a Jap 20mm from a Zero to the bean. He was hit in the top of the forehead with the round, after it penetrated the Shield of his 40mm Bofors and his helmet and took a part of his scalp and the bone with it. Other than that he was fine....so to speak. He lived, was normal and ran a little independent quick stop shop/gas station.

I remember going there every Sunday before church with my dad, and that was one of the few times my dad spoke about the war.

Another little Story. An older guy that was a police detective that my uncle knew shot a guy in the head with his Snubby revolver in .38 special and it just ricocheted from the dead center of the front of his forehead almost 180 degrees and out the back. The guy stopped trying to kill said detective and basically said "why the fuck did you do that?", gave up and was taken to the hospital with a concussion and an entrance and exit wound.

So guns do weird things!

ARman

Posts: 3157 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the modern day Frankenstein!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
The only math that makes sense to me here is that it looks to be and angled shot on the most heavily armored section of the skull.

But, I'm with the post for the "Bad Motherfucker" wallet. Maybe change it to "Lucky" but still...

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
It's the modern day Frankenstein!

Minor pet peeve. "Frankenstein" refers to Dr. Victor Frankenstein. His monster did not have an actual name if I recall.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Serving during WWI my Grandfather took a bullet strike to the forehead through his helmet that just punched a hole in his skull. They screwed a plate over the hole and patched him up. He insisted on serving out his commitment and they allowed him to! But only as a cook.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4131 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Article mentions he was on a motorcycle. I wonder if he was wearing a helmet that absorbed a good chunk of the energy.

Still that’s wild.

Posts: 5158 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
We need the full story on this one.

tac

Posts: 11342 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

+1. Motrin and rub some dirt on it.

An change your socks. And quite probably your underwear. Eek

I knew a guy who was shot point blank in the forehead. Lucky for him it was a 25 ACP. The bullet shattered his face but didn't perpetrate the skull.

Posts: 7076 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never shoot a large caliper man with a small caliper gun

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post