SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Laser engraver for firearms
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laser engraver for firearms Login/Join 
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted
Given up on low price lasers. So I want to be able to engrave firearm slides and do lightening cuts as well as mags. Cost meh! whatever. I'm learning I've got to pay to play. But seriously what makes a 40k laser (laserstar) more valuable then a 16k system? Edited to add I know the difference between the CO2 and the fiber lasers I do realize I'm going fiber

This message has been edited. Last edited by: southernmaninla,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2182 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
$34,000 Cool

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10963 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
CO2 lasers aren’t great at doing metal work....fiber lasers are where it’s at and they are quite pricey as a result. You want quality and predictability in the end result, your gonna pay.

Posts: 3121 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
$34,000 Cool

$24,000 Wink

Posts: 516 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
Ok besides the price tags

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2182 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
Laserstar provides more information on settings (focus, duration, number of passes) with their products. This allows the user to do less trial and error work. Other than power and accessories there is little else that is different between the lasers themselves. I picked up a cheaper laser from SAN Antonio laser who also included some training (very useful) but there is lots of trial and error required to determine how to vary the colour of a burn on Magpul plastic or a Glock slide etc

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1496 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Watt hertz moiré, Joules?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post