SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stormtrooper costume prompts evacuation at Ashwaubenon High School
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stormtrooper costume prompts evacuation at Ashwaubenon High School Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
ASHWAUBENON — A student wearing a Stormtrooper mask and costume from the movie “Star Wars” prompted an evacuation at Ashwaubenon High School Thursday morning, May 4th.

Officials said a concerned parent called police after seeing someone walk into the school with unusual clothing.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What was the concern? Not like he'd be able to hit anything anyway if he started shooting.

quote:
There was no legitimate threat at AHS today. It was a misunderstanding where a student wore a Star Wars costume for May the Fourth Be With You day. There was no intent of a threat, but the student will be held accountable.
We appreciate someone, in this case a parent, reporting something suspicious looking. As the saying goes, "If you see something, say something".

Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Yeah! Everyone knows that a Stormtrooper couldn't hit a womp rat with a blaster at point blank range...

'veritas non verba magistri'

Posts: 4005 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
“There was no legitimate threat at AHS. It was a misunderstanding where a student wore a Star Wars costume for ‘May the Fourth Be With You’ day. There was no intent of a threat, but the student will be held accountable, ” said Ashwaubenon School District said in a Facebook post.

If they just left the kid alone, and treated the incident as it was- a non-issue, there would have been nobody to be "held accountable" Roll Eyes

The ones who should be held accountable are the fuckin' morons who run the school district.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Well, it is a high school. Someone probably thought the kid was disguising himself in preparation for a Columbine-type attack. If it had been a middle school, I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't have been reported.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18092 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The student involved should be held accountable.

Accountable for being smarter than every administrator associated with the school.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The concerned parent who called the police should be held accountable (i.e. arrested).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23659 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Probably a member of the #resistance Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
The concerned parent who called the police should be held accountable (i.e. arrested).

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4358 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Officials said a concerned parent moron called police after seeing someone walk into the school with unusual clothing.
Slight edit for accuracy for the media folks. Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Accountable for being smarter than every administrator associated with the school.
You're setting the bar pretty low aren't you?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Officials said a concerned parent moron called police after seeing someone walk into the school with unusual clothing.
Slight edit for accuracy for the media folks. Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
You're setting the bar pretty low aren't you?

It is a public High School, seems about right

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:

quote:
Why the rolling eyes? Making frivolous calls to 911 is something you can be arrested for and libtards have been bragging about calling 911 to fuck with people.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23659 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Not making light of the situation....eyeroll - parent is an idiot.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:

quote:
Why the rolling eyes? Making frivolous calls to 911 is something you can be arrested for and libtards have been bragging about calling 911 to fuck with people.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4358 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This has got to be Fake News!

Besides, who has ever heard of Ashwibble...Ashtercan...Ashwhatthefuck...

They don't even say what state it's in.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9367 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
This has got to be Fake News!

Besides, who has ever heard of Ashwibble...Ashtercan...Ashwhatthefuck...

They don't even say what state it's in.

Wisc.

http://fox6now.com/2017/05/04/...aubenon-high-school/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to hear what the student will be held accountable for. How about holding the idiot adults accountable first?

Posts: 2532 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
But wait....it gets better!!

Some idiot called the cops because they thought there was a cat in a tree holding an AR-15!!!

Carlos Hathcat!!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video...ult-rifle/vi-BBAsnlm

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
Yeah! Everyone knows that a Stormtrooper couldn't hit a womp rat with a blaster at point blank range...

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9367 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The other day I was driving and at an intersection, a white corvette convertible turned the corner with the top down. Behind the wheel was a guy wearing a white stormtrooper helmet . Had to laugh .

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the 'adult' that called in the false alarm should be charged, and the 'administrators' that followed through on the fraud should be fired and charged as well

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53786 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post