SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today is the first day of Spring..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today is the first day of Spring.. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
I've been keeping a eye on flowers coming to life, trees budding and leaves on the sprout. A friend fired up the Church's zero turn mower for the 1st time this season. He will be eager to mow the several lawns. The Robin's are showing heavy with baby birds to come. Mocking birds too. The morning will be 27 degrees and I feel the last of the cold days. Welcome Spring time.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Snowed today. And snowing tonight too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
1"-3" of rain forecasted for the San Diego area. More in the mountains

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Unusually cool for central Florida yesterday but those days are getting fewer and further away. It was in the mid 80s last week so I’m confident warm weather isn’t far away. This is my favorite time of year. Still cool in the mornings to work out.

Posts: 13117 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Nice day here in SEMichigan today with a high of 51. BUT, more snow and cold most likely coming. Whoever decided when the first day of Spring is, did not live in Michigan.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
The last 2 nights have been in the twenties in the Sandhills but no freezing temperatures forecasted for the next 10 days and should be close to 80 by the weekend.

Spring is here!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6319 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We've experienced cool temps for the past 120 days in SW Arizona with rain and too much wind. Today is the same. We're consistently 10 degrees below normal highs.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Its all fixin to change. Spring rains will come and lead us into a nice Summer. We wont be cold any more and can get outside to do stuff. Take advantage and enjoy the seasons.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I saw and heard my first meadowlark of the season, the day before yesterday; that elevates my mood considerably. March is always a crap shoot in Wyoming, might be 60°+, might blizzard. Today is forecasted to be very near 50°, warmed by chinook winds at 20mph. Some might find it odd that I do not welcome robins as a sign of spring at our place.

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Yup. First day of spring!

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3485 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Yep, snow here in the Capitol last night. Wife's birthday today, sunshine now will brighten her day.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Spring has sprung, the grass has riz
I wonder where them daisies is.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I uncovered my Mexican Lime tree this morning, as I think the hard freeze nights have passed.

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Spring?!? Haha we laugh at your spring! 4 to 6 more inches and it started right after I snapped this pic a few minutes ago.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
lastmanstanding, you folks must use a different ground hog up there. You need to go by the one from Pennsylvania.. Big Grin

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Groundhogs aren't stupid enough to live here! But we don't have pythons! Big Grin

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had low temperatures of 19 and 14 degrees back to back nights in the NC mountains to welcome spring time. I was sick of winter time on November 1, 2022.

P.S. The date above just demonstrates my utter detest of winter.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfpacker:
We had low temperatures of 19 and 14 degrees back to back nights in the NC mountains to welcome spring time. I was sick of winter time on November 1, 2022.

P.S. The date above just demonstrates my utter detest of winter.
That is one of the reasons I established residence in Texas after my retirement (20 years) in USAF -- I had no desire to go back to Michigan (my pre-USAF residence). (Weather was not the only factor -- life in Michigan had deteriorated a lot in 20 years.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Six feet of dense snowpack in the yard, on the decks, and on the roof. Daytime temps still below freezing. Total snowfall is something like 460 inches this season, with more falling every day this week.

Bird activity has increased a bit over the past week, so spring is getting closer.

Posts: 9452 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is a heavy snow season.