September 01, 2026, 05:15 PM
sean7Gunbroker log in
Why does gunbroker now want to scan my face to login?
I’m not doing that.
September 01, 2026, 05:19 PM
Black92LXiPhone?
2 stage authentication. I don’t think gunbroker gets your face scan. Apple just tells them you are good.
————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
September 01, 2026, 05:24 PM
sean7It’s a third party that also wants a scan of my ID.
LSEG is the third party.
September 01, 2026, 06:27 PM
mojojojoNever had that with GB. I'll get a text with a number code as a second authentication but never a Face ID with my computer, iPhone or ipad.
Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew. September 02, 2026, 03:52 AM
darthfusterI had to scan my ID and face to authenticate. I suppose requiring that is scammer prevention.
You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier September 02, 2026, 04:27 AM
PatenI hate being forced to use two factor authentication for everything now. I just want to use the cached password in my browser to quickly log in and do what I want to do. Instead, now I have to get up, go find my phone, get the code they texted me and enter it into the field that popped up in my browser to finally have the page load up. Fuck.
September 02, 2026, 04:34 AM
sean7 https://support.gunbroker.com/...dentity-VerificationFound this. Nope, not playing along.
September 02, 2026, 04:56 AM
sourdough44I used to do a fair amount of buying on Gunbroker, been years now. I haven’t even logged in recently. In their defense, so much scamming going on, attempts anyway.
If looking at a new gun I often check ‘grab-a-gun’ first, very easy, shipped to local FFL on file.
September 02, 2026, 08:16 AM
HRKLooking, Selling or Buying... I can see that for a seller, making sure there is a real person listed a gun for sale, but not for general membership.
September 02, 2026, 08:33 AM
flesheatingvirusThey already need a copy of your DL, so what's the issue? Have you not logged into GB since they instituted that? I'm not sure when it happened.
2-factor authentication is annoying, but it's harder to crack than a single password. You may change your tune if your accounts get broken into where you are just using passwords.
________________________________________
-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
September 02, 2026, 09:12 AM
doublesharpI've been on GB 20 years plus and signed up with a landline. Under new system that caused me to be locked out as I couldn't get the codes. Took a couple weeks to get to the right dept but I added my wifes cell and get the codes now.
________________________
God spelled backwards is dog
September 02, 2026, 09:49 AM
sean7"They already need a copy of your DL"
I don't recall ever giving them that.
I'm on there frequently (mostly browsing) and did some unsuccessful bids recently.
September 02, 2026, 10:07 AM
12131quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
If looking at a new gun I often check ‘grab-a-gun’ first, very easy, shipped to local FFL on file.
I recently tried to buy a WML from GAG. Used them for the first time. Everything went through and confirmed. Later got another email from them saying I’ve been flagged by their system as a “potential fraudulent transaction”, and my order was cancelled and money refunded. They then asked me for a copy of my DL and the CC, for future transactions. Told them no deal, I don’t need them.
Q
September 02, 2026, 11:36 AM
flesheatingvirusquote:
Originally posted by sean7:
"They already need a copy of your DL"
I don't recall ever giving them that.
I'm on there frequently (mostly browsing) and did some unsuccessful bids recently.
That's odd. I wonder if you would have gotten a request if one of those bids had been successful.
________________________________________
-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
September 02, 2026, 01:19 PM
sean7@flesheatingvirus
My last auction won was 11/25.