SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sovereign Citizen mumbo jumbo. So, just what is an "Article IV free inhabitant" anyway?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sovereign Citizen mumbo jumbo. So, just what is an "Article IV free inhabitant" anyway? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
...You hear these sovereign malcontents yammering about being an "Article IV free inhabitant." They are referring to an article in a document which was replaced by the Constitution of the United States more than 230 years ago...

So, as a Police Officer, when I pull one of these morons over, instead of a ticket, can I tar and feather them? Put them in the Stock and public humiliation?

Because if that's the case, I'm gonna have some fun at work tomorrow night!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really wish that someone would follow up on the court proceedings with these idiots so we could watch video of their interactions with a judge and /or their trial.

Watching the arrest and subsequent legal process from beginning to end would be extremely entertaining.

Posts: 270 | Location: Oregon | Registered: May 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Don't be too hard on her. Remember, she has seen the "Sovereign Citizen" routine work out for so many people, why wouldn't she think it'd work for her? Roll Eyes

Officer: "You're under arrest."
Bimbo: "NO I'M NOT!"

Now, how can you argue with logic like that?

Reminds me of Monty Python.

King Arthur: "Your arm's off!"
Black Knight: "No it isn't.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bayouman
posted Hide Post
I can say to all LEO's be very cautious if you encounter these guys. We had two officers killed by their followers right near my home about 5 years ago. Fired on officers serving a warrant. They believe they are exempt from the law.

Bayouman
Never let the enemy pick the battle site.

Posts: 727 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana  | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
When dealing with Police, It costs you nothing to be polite and respectful.

H&K-Guy

And could cost you a bunch if your are not!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
If they are all about this article IV, are they trying to imply this article says there are no laws to free inhabitants? I do not read it that way. Did they miss this part?
quote:
subject to the same duties, impositions, and restrictions as the inhabitants thereof respectively

They would be better off reading the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Federalist papers, state and federal laws and numerous Supreme Courts cases. And from there follow the law and ensure their actual rights are not violated. Not this free inhabitant gibberish.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3793 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
You will never win an argument with a cop on the side of the road. All you can do is minimize how far behind you come out.

Couldn't have said it better myself. On the other hand, I have found that being polite and respectful sometimes results in no ticket.

Yea, that's called breaking even. Happens more then you realize but it doesn’t make great video.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marc1911:
I really wish that someone would follow up on the court proceedings with these idiots so we could watch video of their interactions with a judge and /or their trial.

Watching the arrest and subsequent legal process from beginning to end would be extremely entertaining.

It was entertaining.

A few years ago a sovereign I had arrested was finally in court representing himself in a jury trial.

He had pulled the sovereign BS on a traffic stop (refused to provide license, registration etc with the usual spouting of gibberish) and after three warnings to roll down the window I took it out with a baton and assisted him in exiting the vehicle.

At any rate the jury took something like 12 minutes to come back with a guilty verdict and he decided it was time to go home. He was convinced otherwise and the judge went straight to sentencing.

He got ten days to begin immediately and when my Sergeant, the Court Security Deputy and I went to hook him up he pulled away.

The lesson for the day was to not to wear shorts to court because of the rug burns that happen when you meet the rug.

Somewhere I have a still from the courtroom video camera and putting him on the floor was almost as enjoyable as taking out his side window .

Posts: 593 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Often, jail house lawyers would say this to me:
"I know my rights"!
I would say. "when we get to to the jail, I will give you a piece of paper and pencil, you write down all of your rights that have been violated. Use correct spelling and sentences".
No one ever did.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
How do they make a living? It would have to be barter or cash on the side, because I can't imagine them working at a regular job where taxes are withheld. That would surely stick in their craw.

Posts: 27968 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Ah, critical mistake, creating joinder.

Rookie mistake.

Right now I'm creating joinder with a chili-cheeseburger. Later I'll see if that was a mistake.

Was that burger a White Castle? If so, then...well yes.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
I never knew they were claiming sovereinty through the Articles of Confederation.

The Articles were never repealed. It took unanimous consent and one state was holding out.

So, even though the US Constitution was ratified, the Articles were never repealed.

Now that para states the Articles to be the source of these peoples' claim, I guess one could see how the impressionable are caught between some point of order and real American life.

Even though not repealing the Articles, the Constitution was later adopted by all the states and any conflict between the two is deemed superceded.

At least the nuttery is born of a more rational error than mental failure.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
I worked for the government for a time after my first "retirement" and saw many letters from Sovereign citizens. Amusing to say the least.

Here's a great example. This guy thinks he's going to skirt the charges and I love how the judge handles him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7h7uevwxt8

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I know this was asked before, but I just have to ask, does this crap ever work? I can not imagine a situation where this kind of of action would get you out of trouble. If the answer is no, then why keep doing it other than you are bat shit crazy.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1688 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This video from last year combines two of my favorite things- a sovereign citizen imbecile and a K9 biting the shit out of a sovereign citizen imbecile. Oh, sure, you cna skip ahead to the 13:20 mark to hear this fool scream "OWWWW!!!" two dozen times, but don't cheat yourself out of the foreplay.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107626 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Had a rough day at work, nice to come home to a heartwarming short video to end the day... Sit back and watch idiots getting theirs. Smile

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
quote:
just what is an "Article IV free inhabitant" anyway?

Picture a "free range chicken" with even less intelligence than normal and no accountability for its actions.

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4812 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
What a bunch of loons.
My Dad had a cousin that believed that horseshit.
Raised his kids the same way.
No SS, driver licence anything like that.
Dumbshit went to prison over not paying taxes.
I remember him babbling on about that shit when I was 12 or so and thought it was the dumbest thing I had ever heard of.
People still think the earth is flat too.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
I never knew they were claiming sovereinty through the Articles of Confederation.

The Articles were never repealed. It took unanimous consent and one state was holding out.

So, even though the US Constitution was ratified, the Articles were never repealed.

Now that para states the Articles to be the source of these peoples' claim, I guess one could see how the impressionable are caught between some point of order and real American life.

Even though not repealing the Articles, the Constitution was later adopted by all the states and any conflict between the two is deemed superceded.

At least the nuttery is born of a more rational error than mental failure.

It doesn't stop there. Ask them about the UCC and admiralty jurisdiction. Ask them about the straw man created for each of us that has been sold.

They're nuts. Not just misinformed.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
What I don’t understand about these loonies is where they get their information. If they never were exposed to the internet and were convinced/brainwashed about this crap at a basement meeting, I’d understand their surprise when it’s not effective. Yet I see some of them looking at their smartphone, apparently reading script from some source. If they have internet access you’d think they would see the same videos we watch with delight. Yet they still seem genuinely surprised when their window gets broken.

I get it if someone actually believes the shit, and is willing to be a martyr for their cause; but these people don’t seem to realize that they’re about to be martyred.

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post