SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another good shoot at McDonald’s
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another good shoot at McDonald’s Login/Join 
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
This is mean of me to say, but I am not coming to the aid of any McDonald's workers. I am glad he saved their lives, but I am not risking mine for anyone that is not related to me. I am no hero and I am not afraid to say it. I would have ran as fast as I could out the door the second the guy barged in.

Would you protect your own children - as he was:

"The Birmingham store's manager had been unlocking the door so that the father and his two teenage sons could leave around 10.45pm on Saturday when the gunman suddenly burst inside."

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4584 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Do you think the gunman was aiming for pops and his two kids? My guess is it was a robbery or employee being targeted instead. Had the trio hauled ass out of the gunman's way, there is a good chance they don't get shot at.

No way to know for sure since none of us was there, no video posted, and murky story. Either way I am protecting my kids first, me second, and McDonald's a long, long, long distant third.

Unless engaged, I'm hauling ass the other way, especially if with my teenagers.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20844 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Do you think the gunman was aiming for pops and his two kids? My guess is it was a robbery or employee being targeted instead. Had the trio hauled ass out of the gunman's way, there is a good chance they don't get shot at.

No way to know for sure since none of us was there, no video posted, and murky story. Either way I am protecting my kids first, me second, and McDonald's a long, long, long distant third.

Unless engaged, I'm hauling ass the other way, especially if with my teenagers.

I don't disagree at all about the first duty being to protect one's kids and the second to protect oneself. Where it gets sticky is reading the situation and deciding whether it is safer to turn one's back on the threat and run or to shoot.

Posts: 6926 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
RIP, McBurgler.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:
The gentleman who unfortunately lost his life

"Don't start nothing, won't be nothing". He incited and brought about his own demise.

“Dyin’ ain’t much of a living.” Wink

I wish we had time to bury them fellas....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post