SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need moto boots for a boxy foot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need moto boots for a boxy foot Login/Join 
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted
I have high arches and insteps, and now I wear orthotics adding another 3/8" to the footbed height. Most moto boots are very slim through the front of the foot, but I need more room. Other than the engineer style boots, what else is there? My Google-fu isn't turning up much outside of some custom dress police patrol type boots. I'm looking for a shin covering enduro type boot. Anyone got any ideas?

Posts: 7096 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't worn their street boots but I have wide feet and I have a hard time finding shoes and boots in general that fit.
Gaerne motocross boots are the go to for people with wide feet like mine. I wear SG12's and they are great.
The G Adventures are supposed to fit wide feet like their motocross line does. Might be worth trying on some of their options.
http://gaerneusa.com/product-category/street/

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Good luck there SgtGold. Wide MC boots are a rarity. I have seen mixed reviews regarding Gaerne, TCX, Dainese D-WP C2. The most consistent claim of wide width is the Forma Adventure boot. Hope this helps.

Posts: 2859 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
My foot is an E width.

Recently bought some A* SMX-6, they have plenty of room.

Posts: 2844 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Ditto with the high arches and instep.

Picked up a pair from milwakee that lace and have a zipper. Plenty of room for a foot that runs from ee to eee

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4600 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a moto boot, but Double H has a cowboy style work boot with their Aeroglide sole which accommodates high arches.

They also have their 'Ice' version, which is supposed to have an even more durable sole.

http://www.doublehboots.com/Category?category=Work Western&page=1

Forget about their strap boot (original Harley boot), as it's made for small calves and flat feet.

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
I know they are a bit pricey, but have you tried the Sidi moto boots? I have a wide foot, and the Sidi Crossfire (non SRS model) are super comfortable on me.

Posts: 481 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Style# MBM 9050

Milwaukee Leathers

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4600 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mutiny:
I know they are a bit pricey, but have you tried the Sidi moto boots? I have a wide foot, and the Sidi Crossfire (non SRS model) are super comfortable on me.

I'm currently riding in a pair of rebranded Sidi boots. They were sold under the BMW name back in the late 1990's. They are still waterproof but the soles are getting a bit thin and my feet have changed shape. I've had my eye on the Forma Adventure boot for a while. I may have to break down and order a pair just to see if they fit.

Posts: 7096 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
Unless you have little feet, forget Alpinestars.

Posts: 1299 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I wore German boots by a maker called Daytona. They were all that and a bag of chips. Tons of protection and very comfortable. Probably worth some time on the phone to see if they would work, but I loved them.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post