SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Low dose CT of Chest and Calcium CT of heart
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Low dose CT of Chest and Calcium CT of heart Login/Join 
Man Once
Child Twice
posted
My Doc has been wanting me to get these two tests done. With a smoking history of 15 years as a smoker, or ex you qualify. Takes 5 minutes. No charge with qualification and Medicare.
CT Calcium Score takes about 5 minutes also. It gives you a risk factor for atherosclerosis, stroke, and heart attack. There is a hospital system here that are doing them for free. Had both done in one trip.

I was remarkably surprised with my results. I had a low risk score on my Calcium Score. Almost unbelievable.
My low dose CT of chest showed some things I knew about. And nothing I didn’t know about. Retest in one year.

The goal of the testing is to catch heart attacks before they happen, and lung cancer in its earliest stage.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Yes, I had the CT Ca++ score done. I’m pretty sure I’m young for this and have no family history, but I’ve had work on my heart for something unrelated, and had some out of the blue pangs last fall that frightened me.
Not Medicare age so I paid out of pocket. Surprisingly cheap ~$200. Well worth it. Glad you scored low, too! Smile

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
This is good to know about. Thanks for posting it.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
You might take a look at my Kardia Mobile personal EKG monitor thread:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...300097794#6300097794

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am on a 5-year cycle. Due to family history, I started this at 45.

Score has been 0's.

For the cost, it is work the effort ($100 out of pocket as insurance does not pay for any of it).

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post