SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    N.E. Ohio severe weather
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

N.E. Ohio severe weather Login/Join 
posted
https://www.wkbn.com/weather/g...s-widespread-damage/

I have been without power since around 2pm. Wind has been vicious and it blew in a section of my privacy fence. I can't put it back up because it's still gusty outside. No water as the pump is out and that means the sump pump in the basement also. ALOT of rain in the past 2 days so I'm expecting the water to rise.
Tornadoes down South are worse than this so I feel a bit blessed. They got it way worse than I have it.
Looking at the Ohio Edison outage map, there's a ton of power out around me. Akron, Youngstown, Cleveland and more. They will be busy.
So I have the candle ready along with some protection should I not regain power tonight. Better to be prepared I guess.
Cooking will be a bit of a challenge but I have a gas stove so I'll just use the long lighter.
I know there's members around me and hopefully everyone's doing alright.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I hope you and your surrounding neighbors survive this situation without any issues.

The more I hear about these outages and we had a big one last year, the more I’m inclined to get either a whole house generator of a solar system with battery backup..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Crazy wind here north of Pittsburgh. From every direction with severe bursts and moments of relative calm. Really weird. Bunch of limbs on my roof. Hopefully no damage.

Posts: 11386 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
East of Cleveland we got a large power pole? down across I90. Freeway blocked, power out for a lot.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Columbus here... Lost some parts off the house today. Nothing critical.

Gusting north of 45 mph here still. Was in the mid 50's earlier.

Still have power thankfully.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Just south of Cleveland. Lost power at 4pm. Not restored. Cats should be okay. Daughter is taking her hamster and dog to her mom’s house in case it gets too cold. Wind is insane here. Just got gas for my generator. Going to hook fridge up before work.
Cops blocking street just south of my street. Looks like a tree came down.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Just south of Cleveland. Lost power at 4pm. Not restored. Cats should be okay. Daughter is taking her hamster and dog to her mom’s house in case it gets too cold. Wind is insane here. Just got gas for my generator. Going to hook fridge up before work.
Cops blocking street just south of my street. Looks like a tree came down.

Head on a swivel if you're working tonight. Be careful.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We were fortunate here in Catawba/Port Clinton area, never lost power but plenty of branches, big limbs down. Lake was as sporty as I’ve seen in a long long time, we’re a block up from Catawba state dock and ran down check it out, spray from the waves was 30-40 ft high. State dock at South Bass had some incredible pics. Glad all my Ohio brethren are safe.

Posts: 455 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We lost cell phone and internet service most of last night. Went in the basement and watched old DVDs on the ancient Xbox 360. It was kinda fun.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 2424 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Lights flickered about a dozen times, washing machine and dishwasher wouldn't work after that. Unplugged both and left overnight and they worked fine Sunday morning, dodged a bullet. Did spend most of Sunday replacing 17 shingles that blew off the roof, had to nail and glue about another 2 dozen that were loose. Max wind gust on my weather station was 58 mph.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't fare to well after the storm passed and I regained power at 8:15am yesterday.
My well pump went tits up and I had no running water until today when I had a well company come and do some work. Seems there were other issues as well.
All taken care of though today and I have a torn up yard and quite a bit lighter in the wallet.
The original pump was from 1986 so I consider that it had a long life.