SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    There'll be no brass monkeys conceived today!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There'll be no brass monkeys conceived today! Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
0°F and 20 MPH winds with higher gusts.

Good news is, the pair of battery powered heated gloves I bought work very well. Warm as toast even on the medium setting. Not great for dexterity, but at least my circulation-impaired fingers stay warm.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15270 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I've found that keeping my hands under the covers works very well. Keeping them between the top blanket and the 2nd one moderates the warmth just fine. On the rare occasions when they get too warm, or at least warm enough, pulling them out of the covers works pretty well.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
I've found that keeping my hands under the covers works very well. Keeping them between the top blanket and the 2nd one moderates the warmth just fine. On the rare occasions when they get too warm, or at least warm enough, pulling them out of the covers works pretty well.

Big Grin

Conversely, when under the covers isn't warm enough, you can put them between...ummmmmmm...never mind...

Posts: 15270 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Bet it will be colder it’s only 4 here in Boston, about 10 colder than forecasters predicted.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Paul, I thought I was having a rough go of it.
6:48 am and it’s 37° outside with a high of 63°
Cold enough I wear thermals under my pants in the mornings.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4030 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
-10° here in the Mt. Sunapee region. We'll be lucky to see 0° today. Skiers/riders aren't streaming into the ski area like last Saturday's zoo.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3457 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Paul, I thought I was having a rough go of it.
6:48 am and it’s 37° outside with a high of 63°
Cold enough I wear thermals under my pants in the mornings.

You poor boy, how you DO suffer.

Oh, and bite me...

Big Grin

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I thought it was bad when I got in the car this morning and the thermometer read 11! Eek

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that works/volunteers search and rescue up in the White Mountains. He said they constantly have to pull idiots off of the Northern Presidentials in this weather.

It was 25-30 below on Mt. Washington on Tuesday. Looks like similar temps today. Add in 75 MPH winds and the chill effect, looking at 65-70 below zero. Who the hell hikes and climbs in that?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Just drove up to Hershey (because Chocolate World is a free indoor distraction and we have a sort of tradition about going on bitterly cold days).

It’s 13 out with a wind chill of 0 according to DarkSky. Not too much colder than it is at home.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:

Big Grin

Conversely, when under the covers isn't warm enough, you can put them between...ummmmmmm...never mind...

Those aren't pillows!!!!

Posts: 5348 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Had to be at work today at Quarter to eight for a meeting, half hour drive so I left late as usual at seven thirty, ten degrees above and semi dark outside.

Left about nine fifteen for home, temp jumped forty percent, all of fourteen out and sunny.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8133 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
-5 degrees this morning....a slight warm-up from what we had last week.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2094 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
It’s cold here too…. The high is only 71, and a low of 69…

Posts: 5747 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

0°F
Zero? Wow! That means NO temperature. None at all.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30719 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
10 this morning with 25-35 mph winds. Wood stove cranked up, both dogs lying in front of it cooking. I don't know how they can get so hot and still stay there.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4016 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:

THOSE AREN’T PILLOWS..!!! How ‘bout those Bears, they’re gonna have a great season..

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I was all raring to go waiting for today, need to do some electrical work on one vehicle, pull the seat out of another and do some welding, fabricate a custom seat bracket.

Mmm...today, not so much. Perhaps they can wait.

On a related note, something's going on.

(went up to 75 after I took the picture)

Posts: 21121 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Current temperature on Mt. Washington is -13 degrees with a wind speed of 71 mph and a wind chill of -54 degrees.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5662 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paul,

What electric gloves did you get? I have flirted with the idea of purchasing some for several years.I have a circulatory problem that doesn't like temps below 35-40 degrees!

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 593 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post