SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Saturday morning feel good story - Parent gifts teacher brand new car after learning she busses in to school.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saturday morning feel good story - Parent gifts teacher brand new car after learning she busses in to school. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
I hope to be so lucky as to do something like this for someone deserving on day.

Daily Mail link, watch video.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s an awesome feel good story.

Not to be cynical but why can’t she afford a car? I must hav missed it in the story.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's a great story.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Now she has to pay for insurance, fuel, tags...

What's wrong with taking the bus to school?

Not shitting on your thread, Skins. It was a nice gesture and there is probably more to the story.

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
I'll admit, the screen went blurry on me.

Posts: 2833 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Now she has to pay for insurance, fuel, tags...

What's wrong with taking the bus to school?

Not shitting on your thread, Skins. It was a nice gesture and there is probably more to the story.

Most teachers have to be in the classroom by 6:50 AM. Good teachers are much earlier. While school may end at a set time, teachers have to stay a half hour or so. Good teachers stay a couple of hours.
Then add in catching the bus, making the connections, weather etc. then it can be a long day. No doubt the cost of transportation will go. Long way to paying the costs involved with the car.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post