SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alex Jones is a dick
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alex Jones is a dick Login/Join 
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:
Mr. Dick was just banned from Twitter and it's streaming service, Periscope.
Not just banned, but permanently so. I make the distinction because he was recently temporarily banned...

Alex Jones, InfoWars, 'permanently suspended' by Twitter

Posts: 1853 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjlennon:
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:
Mr. Dick was just banned from Twitter and it's streaming service, Periscope.
Not just banned, but permanently so. I make the distinction because he was recently temporarily banned...

Alex Jones, InfoWars, 'permanently suspended' by Twitter

He is a total dick, and I despise his conspiracy theories and tactics. But that^^ is kinda making his point.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8277 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Not merely banned, but dearly, most sincerely banned...

Posts: 109162 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Why was he banned?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hell if I know

Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Why was he banned?

Because he's a dick. Violating their policies in a nutshell... "...for sharing a series of tweets and videos that violate its policies against abuse, including verbal attacks on a reporter that Jones live-streamed outside of a congressional hearing the day before."

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2282 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That doesn’t really seem like much of a reason. He’s been acting that way for years. The real reason he was banned is because leftists are thin skinned assholes who get a hard on when it comes to censoring and banning things. They want to silence any voice they can’t control. Is this really new behavior from Alex or new behavior from Twitter?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I agree with you, stickman. Jones should still have a voice on all those platforms.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I agree with you, stickman. Jones should still have a voice on all those platforms.

But don't you ban people who you don't like or who break the rules on here? This is your forum, you get to run it how you like to run it. I completely respect that. Some people fly off the handle and go straight to Dumbassville and you send them packing. Some people do the wrong thing in the classifieds, they're no longer welcome. He still has his inforwars website. HIS platform. You can still go buy his "health and wellness" products all day long and read about his conspiracy theories on the government controlling weather, tainting us with chemicals to turn us gay, and how the Sandyhook shooting never happened. I know these social media sites have a lot of anti-conservative leanings and that's bullshit - but it's their platform.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2282 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The thing with the chemicals in water turning the frogs gay might actually be legit. I mean it would explain the skinny jeans fad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We're a drop in a vast ocean. You want to compare us to worldwide exposure on Twitter, Facebook, youtube, et al? It's not the same thing and you know it.

Yes, when you use a service such as youtube to publish videos, you must agree to and abide by their terms of service, and yes, they have the right to remove whomever violates those terms, or remove them for whatever childish reason they can muster.

Yep, they certainly do have that right, but don't try to compare me kicking someone out of my dorm room with the irresponsible censorship of pissing little commie assholes in arenas infinitely more vast than this place. Give me a break.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Prior to the 2016 election the TV (every major news outlet other than Fox) basically bashed Trump every opportunity possible and then some. It was relentless. Funny thing is if you went on social media around that time you got a VERY different vibe. This is nothing but a push to silence Jones because they think he had an influence on the election. Their terms of service bullshit is just the cover they use to silence people they don’t like.

Whether he actually had any real impact is debatable. But why silence him if they are not afraid of what he is saying?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hello

McFly