SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bayview to Mackinac race today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bayview to Mackinac race today Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted
For the 100th running of the race, most of the boats are running the 1925 course:

Maverick, which broke the record for Chicago to Mackinac last week, was in the lead, but suffered a mast failure and put in to Rogers City which is about 20 miles southeast of us. Link

The faster boats were on a beam reach in 15 to 20 knots of wind as they went past our house this morning.

Posts: 11608 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update, we leave for Michigan this week and will be on the island by Friday. Will any of the stragglers still be there?

The first ever trip I took to Mackinac back in the late 90's was just after the Chicago to Mackinac race had concluded. I had bought one of those gimmicky Kodak cameras that offered different modes (normal, pano and something else) and I took some photos of the marina that was full of some of the race boats. For being a point and shoot camera, they came out really good and it was an interesting sight to see.

Posts: 354 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
There’s an app, YB Races, that shows everybody is more than halfway there. The wind died down a lot, but even then I think the stragglers will finish tomorrow.

Posts: 11608 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post