SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another flashlihgt thread, Olight and Rovyvon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another flashlihgt thread, Olight and Rovyvon Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
I really do not need another flashlight, but............

As many of you know, it is kind of an addiction.

Long time flashlight fan, with a Surefire 9P being my first big boy light. Man, that was a long time ago.

Having owned several Surefire, Nitecore and Fenix among so many others.

EDC for the past 2 years has been a Fenix E35R. Great light, but was looking for something a little smaller. Flat lights caught my eye.

Last week, I ordered an Olight (my first) Arkfeld Pro.

Excellent light, with a green lazer and UV light. Not 100% certain the Arkfeld Pro will replace the E35R. Not really an apples to apples comparison.

Along with the Arkfeld Pro, they sent a AAA light, their I3E EOS.

I have not has a small light since the Surefire Titan Plus (which my Son now carries). The Titan Plus is a far superior light to the little Olight. However it had me considering a small key chain light.

Don't get me wrong, the little AAA Olight is a respectable light, it just does not ooze with the superior workmanship the Titan Plus. However, for a $10.00 light, I am impressed.

So I began the journey, looking at some other key chain light options.

Well, today I ordered a Rovyvon A3 Pro 4th Gen.

https://www.rovyvon.com/produc...riant=47156413628731

I used the search function, but could not find any threads with Rovyvon lights.

Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with Rovyvon lights.

I can hardly wait to get this light and put it through its paces.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36898 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed by this little one: https://www.rovyvon.com/produc...41723&pr_seq=uniform at 2600 lumens! Rechargeable or 2x AAA batteries.

Why are almost all flashlights made by the chicom?

Q

Posts: 27606 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Why are almost all flashlights made by the chicom?

That's why I've stuck with Surefire.

From their website:

"And throughout most of our history, our products have been proudly marked “Made in the U.S.A.” Today, many SureFire products, including our best-in-class sound suppressors, hearing-protection earplugs, rifle magazines, 123A lithium batteries, and pens are still marked that way. This means that these products are designed by American engineers, right here in the U.S. – in California – and all of the materials, components, and labor involved are also sourced from the U.S. This includes machining U.S.-sourced aluminum stock into illumination-tool bodies and components at our own Santa Ana turning center as well as assembling, testing, and shipping our products from our facilities in Fountain Valley, California. Our sound suppressors, rifle magazines, and pens are 100% Made in the U.S.A.

Our best-in-class flashlights, hands-free lights, and WeaponLights are also designed, machined, tested, and assembled in the U.S., but if even one component of our products is entirely or substantially made abroad, we cannot legally mark it as “Made in the U.S.A.” In today’s competitive global economy, and given our mission of ensuring our best-in-class illumination products continue to stay that way, it’s not possible to source every component from within the U.S. We do import a few components – most notably, the finest light-emitting diodes (LEDs) from top-notch manufacturers outside the country – to incorporate into our products. All of that said, we do rely on as many American-made parts and components as possible, and the assembly of these components is done under our watchful eye in the U.S. to ensure optimal quality. SureFire is an American company that employs hundreds of hardworking Americans and proudly serves those who venture into harm’s way. We intend to keep it that way. All SureFire illumination products are designed, perfected, and manufactured in the U.S.A. with the finest materials and components sourced worldwide, and every SureFire product meets the criteria of the Buy American Act. "

Although, I do have a little O-Light that I use at work.

ETA: I have a Fenix headlamp as well, dang it. It's hard to avoid the Chinese stuff.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gustofer,

Posts: 20602 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I've had olights. I wasn't impressed. I did caught up with their hype though and got in with some fan boy club. bought about 5 flashlights, two warriors, a headband light, a couple of pocket or mini flashlights.

I found something much better as a headband light. Then they did a recall on the warrior lights. I was just glad I got my money back.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20075 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I've had olights. I wasn't impressed.

So what do you recommend?

Posts: 7450 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
I highly recommend Zebralight. They are another chicom company but build a superior product. They’re having a sale on this model right now which takes an 18650 battery; this one comes with one free in fact. As you can see from the link, their 18650 lights are pretty small; not much larger than the battery.

https://www.zebralight.com/A6-...A-battery_p_256.html

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I've had olights. I wasn't impressed.

So what do you recommend?

It depends on what you need it for.

I*'ve had Fenix and Nitecore EDC flashlights before. After I found the Olight warrior too big and bulky for EDC, I considered Surefire and Streamlight. I settled on Streamlight Macrostream. It's small enough enough to put in my pocket and I don't need the "tactical crenels" on the previous lights I carried because I can carry something more effective in AZ.

For headlamps, I bought this: Lepro Headlamp Rechargeable - 1000 Lumen. It's strong light, detachable, and has a wide range of rotation up and down on your head.

For household flashlights, I like these from Costco: 3,000 Lumen LED Flashlight with Rechargeable Batteries and 3 “C” Batteries.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20075 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Along with the Arkfeld Pro, they sent a AAA light, their I3E EOS.

They were also giving these away with any Black Friday order. Mine has a Christmas motif. For free, more than adequate.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3633 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
I carry a Streamlight Protac dual fuel about 85% of the time. I like it because it will take either CR123 or standard AA batteries. Obviously brighter with the CR123's, but in a pinch a AA works great. I also like that it is NOT a usb rechargeable light. I hate the industry shift to all usb all the time. It's a mistake, and if shit happens where you lose power......and your usb light that requires power to charge......see where I'm going?

The other 15% of the time I carry a Streamlight Microstream. It's a perfect single AAA light, imo.

Posts: 1767 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post